TX1 Porting Completed - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

TX1 Porting Completed

• 91 Replies
TX1 Porting Completed
« on: 20 / April / 2008, 17:55:44 »
Advertisements
The TX1 porting for firmware versions 100g and 101b is now available.
I have obviously integrated it into SDM but for those who wish to add it to other builds, the sources are here :-

zSHARE - tx_100g_101b.zip

The porting for firmware 101b was done almost entirely by EWAVR and Phantom solved the keyboard problem.

Cybercom and Sterling did many tests for SDM integration.

Thanks to all, it would not have been possible without them.

Script control of the 125-step zoom does not work, neither does focus-bracketing although focus-override works fine.

David

Offline a710is

• A710 IS
Re: TX1 Porting Completed
« Reply #1 on: 20 / April / 2008, 18:41:05 »
I hope some of its features will be shared to the other cameras (like HD video). any news on that?
« Last Edit: 21 / April / 2008, 02:26:43 by a710is »

« Reply #2 on: 20 / April / 2008, 20:16:04 »
Microfunguy, ewavr, phantom, sterling, stereoptic, actinium, et al, amazing work. In most major international corporations, they would have just finished the meeting about when they would have a meeting to discuss what they were going to do!

Many, many thanks to everyone who helped make this possible and especially to David whose perserverence made this happen so quickly.

I'll look forward to seeing all your amazing photographic work now that we have a port.

Best regards to you all!

« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 13:35:50 by cybercom »
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<")%%%><<

« Reply #3 on: 20 / April / 2008, 20:23:43 »
My thanks to all, and especially Microfunguy & cybercom for making me a part of this.
The hours of testing that I did gave me insight and appreciation for the undoubtedly much longer time and tedious work that developers do here.

Thanks to all.
You smite like a girl!

« Reply #4 on: 20 / April / 2008, 21:50:43 »
Yes, thanks to all who made this happen so fast!   Especially David, EWAVR, and everyone who contributed to testing and coding.

I've nearly got my TX1 stereoscopic rig complete.
Initial testing so far has indicated an average missync of 0.8ms between cameras (without flash), although I'm yet to do further testing to see if I can get this down further.

« Reply #5 on: 20 / April / 2008, 22:21:58 »
And speaking of stereo rigs, here's what I've been shooting with.

Since the NB-4L is perfect for firing the cameras, I integrated it into the charger with a microswitch for my USB Remote Trigger. Extremely low drain, so I always have a spare battery with me as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<")%%%><<

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
« Reply #6 on: 22 / April / 2008, 05:16:37 »
The TX1 porting for firmware versions 100g and 101b is now available.
I have obviously integrated it into SDM but for those who wish to add it to other builds, the sources are here :-

zSHARE - tx_100g_101b.zip

Hmm... Where are 'Makefile' and 'makefile.inc' files for 'platform' (sub)directories?
CHDK Developer.

« Reply #7 on: 22 / April / 2008, 05:30:09 »
Hmm... Where are 'Makefile' and 'makefile.inc' files for 'platform' (sub)directories?

I removed them because SDM has not yet implimented the two 'new' recent compilation features.

They are :  distinguishing the two operating systems and using makefile_sub.inc.

Presumably, the Makefile and makefile.inc that you need for the trunk are fairly straightforward ?

I posted the files so that other can add to trunk if they wish.

David

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
« Reply #8 on: 22 / April / 2008, 06:43:11 »
Presumably, the Makefile and makefile.inc that you need for the trunk are fairly straightforward ?

Makefiles - yes. But makefile.inc contains some firmware dependent constants. I can restore them, but it will need to look into disassembler. It would be better if you provide makefile.inc files at least.
CHDK Developer.

« Reply #9 on: 22 / April / 2008, 07:38:33 »
t would be better if you provide makefile.inc files at least.

I will upload them.

For sub\101b\makefile.inc  and sub\100g\makefile.inc :

#0x3100
PLATFORMID=12544

MEMBASEADDR=0x1900
RESTARTSTART=0x50000
MEMISOSTART=0xB84D0 
MEMISOSIZE=0x32000
ROMBASEADDR=0xff810000

TARGET_PRIMARY=$(topdir)platform/$(PLATFORM)/sub/$(PLATFORMSUB)/PRIMARY.BIN

PLFLAGS=-DMEMBASEADDR=$(MEMBASEADDR) -DMEMISOSTART=$(MEMISOSTART) -DMEMISOSIZE=$(MEMISOSIZE)
PLFLAGS+=-DRESTARTSTART=$(RESTARTSTART)

Note my MEMISOSIZE

David