Sourceforge All Builds

• 5 Replies

Offline adcz

• Canon S5 | Before Thou Smiteth Me, Readeth Sig
    • OSFlower
Sourceforge All Builds
« on: 03 / June / 2008, 23:22:32 »
Advertisements
Hey guys, sorry for creating a new thread, but I really have to go to bed now, and I really wanted to get this out today.
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=229629&package_id=278904
all the builds :) finally uploaded :)
if you guys find and problems/errors/etc please post here.
Email me at adz@jewc.org for questions/comments/etc or aim me at adzempire!
---
STOP!! Before thou smiteth me, please PM me the reason! . Criticism = bad, constructive criticism = good.

If you wanna applaud, no reason necessary, I know I'm wonderful :P

Offline wontolla

• S3 & G9 & A720
Re: Sourceforge All Builds
« Reply #1 on: 04 / June / 2008, 07:03:45 »
Looking good!

I went to sourceforge thinking as a newbie and I found that we need a more complete description of the project like the one on wikia:

"CHDK is a firmware enhancement that operates on a number of Canon Cameras. CHDK gets loaded into your camera's memory upon bootup (either manually or automatically). It provides additional functionality beyond that currently provided by the native camera firmware.
CHDK is not a permanent firmware upgrade: you decide how it is loaded (manually or automatically) and you can always easily remove it."

And also we need a screenshot. Whenever I search in sourceforge, I find pictures helpful. You know, "An image is worth a 1000 words".

Something like this:
http://images.wikia.com/scratchpad/images/1/14/Zebra_diagonal.gif

I'm already used to it, but the histogram really gives a very good first impression of CHDK

BTW. You uploaded ALL versions! And by ALL I mean including old/discontinued ones. This could really confuse new users. And also, the idea of having only "one" CHDK has been discussed and it looks like many people voted in favour (#13): poll regarding vacant jobs - developers tasks. HUGE poll inside.
« Last Edit: 04 / June / 2008, 07:07:50 by wontolla »

Offline adcz

• OSFlower
« Reply #2 on: 04 / June / 2008, 21:43:43 »
Looking good!

I went to sourceforge thinking as a newbie and I found that we need a more complete description of the project like the one on wikia:
Of course. But I am only human :P. I will add everything (documentations, FAQs, pics, MY version ;) of what I think the wiki should be like (although they kinda limit it :(), etc.) I gotta get them to remove a few limits, then I can do it all (insert evil laugh here  :lol)! For now, it is just a place to point ppl to download builds (by url).

And also we need a screenshot. Whenever I search in sourceforge, I find pictures helpful. You know, "An image is worth a 1000 words".

I will post em all :) don't worry :)

BTW. You uploaded ALL versions! And by ALL I mean including old/discontinued ones. This could really confuse new users. And also, the idea of having only "one" CHDK has been discussed and it looks like many people voted in favour (#13): poll regarding vacant jobs - developers tasks. HUGE poll inside.
ok...while the "one" CHDK sure would be great, I believe it is extremely difficult (and bulky) to do...If there was one version of CHDK, loading it into RAM would take ages...would miss a million shots by then. Reguarding uploading old builds, uuhh...I am not too good at distinguishing between old and new. If you could mark the old ones as "outdated" or whatever that feature is, please do. As for myself, I can't tell :P

Well...I think I did well for a first day of source-forging :) any other comments/suggestions, please post!

And to everyone: PLEASE join the sourceforge project and contribute! It would be great to have it up and running for the general public soon :)
« Last Edit: 04 / June / 2008, 22:05:49 by adcz »
---
STOP!! Before thou smiteth me, please PM me the reason! . Criticism = bad, constructive criticism = good.

« Reply #3 on: 05 / June / 2008, 23:08:26 »
there seems to be a missing sd900 category :)
canon powershot sd900 ti
canon digital ixus 500
canon powershot s400
flickr

« Reply #4 on: 05 / June / 2008, 23:46:51 »
YIKES!

SMF Installer

Might not want to let the next person who stumbles upon this have the ability to configure the forum. Unless I've missed something here.

Offline adcz

• OSFlower
« Reply #5 on: 06 / June / 2008, 15:30:05 »
don't worry :) you can't install it. Mainly because it does not allow write access to files :(

YIKES!

SMF Installer

Might not want to let the next person who stumbles upon this have the ability to configure the forum. Unless I've missed something here.
---