ixus90/sd790 IS porting - page 26 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

ixus90/sd790 IS porting

• 331 Replies
Re: ixus90/sd790 IS porting
« Reply #250 on: 25 / November / 2009, 12:15:22 »
Advertisements
Wondering how the port for the SD790IS is going. I see you got a picture to work, I am very interested in this project because I already have one SD790IS looking to buy a second. I think you have been doing great work really appreciate the efforts from everyone.

« Reply #251 on: 01 / December / 2009, 17:01:43 »
Congratulations for the great work!!
I have a question and two problems:
When will be released the final autobuild?
I copied the files from post #221 on the SD-card and everything works perfectly except the control wheel (it doesn't work). Also in play modus the zoom operates slowly.
Does someone have the same problems?

my firmware version is GM1.00D

Offline ehmu

• Ixus 90-1.00d
« Reply #252 on: 23 / December / 2009, 18:19:37 »
After waiting for more CHDK support for quite a long time, I picked up the patch from #167 myself (thanks a lot to brake and snc). I changed some code things analogous to the ixus970 code (all parts I touched are identical, just address locations are shifted) and some camera settings (ixus80 seems to have similar optics). It was not so easy, as I don't have any experience with ARM, no experience with CHDK (Sometimes it's difficult for a newbie to tell what is a bug of the port or a feature of CHDK  ;-) and obviously not the neccessary tools (IDA pro).

What I did:
+ update to the current head of subversion trunk (rev864)
+ jogdial works  ;-)
+ adapted some camera settings
+ changed some boot related things (similar to ixus 970)

o video: I spent some time to adapt code from ixus 970. At least I can use optical zoom, but when digital zoom is activated, it can't zoom back. Video quality seems to be low and I don't know how to change video settings (pause, inc/dec video quality? with left,right, up/down?)

What alsodoes not work:
- CHDK menu flickers. Sometime the menu disappears (but reemerges when I press a key)
- short shutter time values (<1/1500s) dont't show any effect. But long exposure (>25s) works.
- Maybe the colormap needs adaptation. I have no idea how to do this.
- I am unsure about correct focusing and displayed focus distance.

I don't know:
- when, how, by whom is support for a new camera added to subversion trunk / autobuild?
- IDA is recommended as disassemble help. However the free demo version does not support ARM ;-( I don't want to buy IDA pro. But working as I did (my only tools are a hammer, a cam, and a plain text disassembly) isn't efficient and funny either. (My wife told me, I better should clean the kitchen with a toothbrush instead). I will appreciate any recommendation from experienced CHDK developers.

The binaries (with my buggy video-recording disabled) and my source are attached.
Please try it, test it and report, or fix it.
Merry Xmas :-)

Offline ehmu

• Ixus 90-1.00d
« Reply #253 on: 23 / December / 2009, 18:28:47 »
btw. the above binary from my last post does INCLUDE buggy video.
Here's the one with the original canon video task.
And the source patch (against rev 864)

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #254 on: 24 / December / 2009, 08:10:05 »
Hello & welcome to the CHDK team !

- short shutter time values (<1/1500s) dont't show any effect. But long exposure (>25s) works.
I guess the overrides have to be applied later in the code, as on most of the newer cameras;
it should be easy to test, read more about the "extended Tv" here: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,4392.0.html

The "flickering CHDK menu" is common on many ports, this also is often related to the camera setting, e.g. the Canon face detection...

I suggest to wait some days for user feedback, then your sources could be added to the CHDK trunk - foremost excluded from
the main makefiles to not break the autobuild mechanism......i'm sure the developers will follow this thread  ;)

IDA: There are also some GPL tools, but nothing as comfortable as IDA pro, unfortunately  :(

Very good work, also merry xmas to you !

Offline fe50

• fe50
« Reply #255 on: 29 / December / 2009, 16:13:19 »
Hmm - 10 downloads but no feedback !?  :(

@ehmu:
I've added the ixus90_sd790-100d port to my privat branch, identical to chdk trunk rev. #865: Trac - fe50t

Additions/modifications:
- main makefile: BETA state
- notes.txt (to shut up the compiler)
- added strtolx (update to trunk #856)

The complete source code tree (CHDKDE branch fe50t rev. #207) can also be downloaded as zip archive from this link.
You can use whim's CHDKShell to compile it easily - just set the SVN site to "CHDKDE" and set the default branch to "fe50t".

BTW - does the PS.FI2 file work ?

*EDIT: DL links to test binaries:

- small package (ps.fi2 & diskboot.bin only):  ixus90_sd790-100d-0.9.9-fe50t.zip
- full package (with scripts, fonts etc.):  ixus90_sd790-100d-0.9.9-fe50t-full.zip
« Last Edit: 29 / December / 2009, 16:19:38 by fe50 »

Offline ehmu

• Ixus 90-1.00d
« Reply #256 on: 29 / December / 2009, 18:51:39 »
@fe50
Thanks for adding the code to your private branch. Unfortunately I can't checkout or switch to this branch url with my svn client (tortoise). Zip doesn't feel very handy, when it comes to concurrent development with diffing and merging.
Your PS.FI2 file works ;-)

Meanwhile I figured out that simply the extended video switch in camera.h was still undefined. Now the CHDK conf menu shows items to set quality and bitrate and videos also have appropriate quality. What still does not respond is fast video control (pause and change quality while recording with up/down). Does this work for comparable ixus cameras?

Short shutter time values do work. At least they show different brightness. (my feeling was wrong).

I don't know any other limitations of this port. Please test it.

Offline fe50

• fe50
« Reply #257 on: 29 / December / 2009, 20:05:36 »
Unfortunately I can't checkout or switch to this branch url with my svn client (tortoise). Zip doesn't feel very handy, when it comes to concurrent development with diffing and merging.
I'm working with TortoiseSVN (1.6.6, Build 17493 - 32 Bit, under Windows XP SP3), too; so TortoiseSVN
works fine with the CHDKDE server - it's the same host (assembla.com) as where the official trunk resides.

The project archive (checkout url) is  http://my-svn.assembla.com/svn/chdkde/branches/fe50t
(see also http://www.assembla.com/spaces/chdkde/trac_subversion_tool for a detailed view)

The CHDKShell can automatically download the needed sources, check for updates, compile etc., also applying & creating patch/diff files is possible, all from within a nice GUI...

Your PS.FI2 file works ;-)
Well, then the keys are correct, good to know.

Meanwhile I figured out that simply the extended video switch in camera.h was still undefined. Now the CHDK conf menu shows items to set quality and bitrate and videos also have appropriate quality. What still does not respond is fast video control (pause and change quality while recording with up/down). Does this work for comparable ixus cameras?
No, this feature works only on very few cameras, therefore for most cameras CAM_VIDEO_CONTROL is undefined in camera.h; if enabled, most cameras crashes after a few seconds.

I don't know any other limitations of this port. Please test it.
LOL, i could test if could - no Ixus 90 here  8)
But you could run the Lua_library_test script, maybe also fudgey's Fast MD uBasic script...

Another thing to test: USB remote feature:  Just enable "Enable Remote" from the Script / Remote parameters menu;
when connecting the USB cable to the computers USB port, the camera should focus; then unplug & plugin again the USB
fastly, the camera should shoot an image...

If there will be no negative feedback the next few days, i'll add this port to the trunk...

Offline fe50

• fe50
« Reply #258 on: 30 / December / 2009, 18:22:57 »
The IXUS90 / SD790 1.00D port is now in the trunk (BETA state) - changeset #866.

Thx to brake, sharky, snc, ehmu & all others...

Binaries are available from the Autobuild server...

Offline ehmu

• Ixus 90-1.00d
« Reply #259 on: 30 / December / 2009, 18:44:47 »
Thanks a lot fe50 for everything :-)

I managed to fix extended video quality control now and
also fixed a bug (camera freezes) for fast EV control (half shoot + jogdial).

This corresponding patch is against the fe50t branch (rev 208) but I think it should work for the trunk now as well.

kind regards