Allbest + JuciPhoX = CHDK (the merge thread) - info for devs and users - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum

Allbest + JuciPhoX = CHDK (the merge thread) - info for devs and users

• 41 Replies

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
Advertisements
Hi,

as things happened really fast here in subversion wonderland, and it's already very late/early in germany, just a small post to keep you guys updated:

i dont really know what happened and why or if the guys just set it up this way, anyhow: tonight Allbest (probably in an evil plan together with ewavr) merged the JuciPhoX branch with the trunk.

This means: All the features and bugs from juciphox are now in the allbest build.

Wait a second, allbest build? This is no more. No more juciphox, no more allbest. It's just CHDK. Think of it as CHDK 2.0. Or CHDK reloaded, whatever.

Grands Autobuild handles the new build, however it does not create my extended zips yet (which contain a lot more stuff) - use Hackis autobuild server for now, please. (i guess in future both servers will contain the trunk - though there certainly will be a 2nd autobuild somewhere for a dev branch with untested features)

To find out all the "new" stuff (for those that havent used the juciphox build before), read about it in the wiki.

One obvious new thing is the version numbers - right now we are at 0.5.1 - small fixes & maintenance release will increase the number only by a small increment, whereas adding of features or other things will increase it more - hopefully one day we can reach the 1.0.0 (this means properly documented, tested, feature-rich, bug less, stable, packed with scripts etc).

as i changed the makefile to produce zipfiles that contain a lot of stuff, i advise the trunk devs to update version.inc and doc/version.txt everytime they committ, so the autobuilt zips will reflect the changes.

there are a lot of things to write about now, but i forgot most of it, will follow.

thanks to all the betatesters, wiki editors, server hosters, code submitters, irc chatters and in general all people who helped making this possible.

stay tuned, PhoX (or as FE50 pointed out: PhP :D)
« Last Edit: 14 / September / 2008, 04:37:27 by PhyrePhoX »

Offline whoever

• IXUS950
Re: Allbest + JuciPhoX = CHDK (the merge thread) - info for devs and users
« Reply #1 on: 14 / September / 2008, 02:45:27 »
An utterly strange move to say the least...

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #2 on: 14 / September / 2008, 03:32:28 »
Feel free to explain why you think that. The juciphox branch was meant to be merged with trunk from the getgo (thats the concept of branching),it is written all over the place.

« Reply #3 on: 14 / September / 2008, 04:18:01 »
Yay!
It looks like it's more feature-packed for video recorders too, like my TX1.
Anyway, I'll get the full build for the extras, the AllBest build for the core, and give it a whirl.
Thanks!

« Reply #4 on: 14 / September / 2008, 04:40:26 »
Only problem found so far is that it still crashes my TX1 v1.01b when trying to do DOF bracketing in continuous mode, just like AllBest always did.
Apart from that, I like the extra bells and whistles. Memory browser? I'm definitely gonna be called a geek now! The benchmark is also neat, and so are the exhaustive OSD options (I don't recall seeing so many in my previous AllBest).
*EDIT* using build #509 by the way.

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #5 on: 14 / September / 2008, 04:48:33 »
hah, both memorybrowser and benchmark were in the allbest build as well ;)
but ur right about the osd options. see the wiki link in first post to get more information :)

« Reply #6 on: 14 / September / 2008, 19:35:56 »
its not building under gcc 4 which is an issue for mac os x users. i hope we can get this fixed.

also, what is the url for trunk pre-merged? i have some patches that aren't working post-merge.
« Last Edit: 14 / September / 2008, 19:56:43 by mattkime »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #7 on: 14 / September / 2008, 20:01:21 »
from the logs, https://tools.assembla.com/svn/chdk/branches/old-trunk should be it.

GCC4 issues probably warrant their own thread.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #8 on: 15 / September / 2008, 05:54:38 »
Smart move, having just one CHDK will make it more accessible to new users.
Keep up the good work everyone!

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #9 on: 15 / September / 2008, 06:42:22 »
havent really figured out the proceeding, there are some patches in old-trunk that werent merged to the branch yet, so these gotta be applied as well.
btw i'm proud to announce reyalp just joined the ranks of a full qualified dev - he is no longer depending on a powermonger like me to submit his patches to the svn - as he can do this himself now. way to go!