The SX1 IS Porting Thread - page 15 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

The SX1 IS Porting Thread

• 381 Replies
Trunk735 / Build 0.9.8 of CHDK for SX1
« Reply #140 on: 16 / April / 2009, 16:06:53 »
Advertisements
Hi to all "Users"/Testers of CHDK for the SX1

After making a Diff (so that in the future CHDK is available through the AutoBuild Server (hence: still as Alpha)) I've realized, that there is a more recent "trunk" already there (with some "Long exposure" fixes)....

So I've "ported" manually the SX1 extensions to the new Trunk735 and recompiled them so that our CHDK will also show Build 0.9.8...

New Users: Please Read instructions in Posts above....It is an Alpha, but functionally working.

(Remarks: PS.FI2 file still not working / 2x Blink of the AF LED when starting CHDK --> due to "debugging" version status / Older Versions from previous posts have been removed)
« Last Edit: 16 / April / 2009, 16:35:11 by fboesch »

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: The SX1 IS Porting Thread
« Reply #141 on: 16 / April / 2009, 16:49:25 »
PS.FI2 file still not working
Since the Autobuild Server always compile with OPT_FI2, this should be disabled in this port for now...

« Reply #142 on: 16 / April / 2009, 17:15:56 »
There is a regression from previous build: in 0.9.7 it was able to power on the cam by either power button or play button (both entered to playback mode), in 0.9.8 power button powers the cam on for a second, shows Canon logo and then the cam powers off.
« Last Edit: 16 / April / 2009, 17:21:15 by ilialin »

« Reply #143 on: 16 / April / 2009, 17:44:55 »
There is a regression from previous build: in 0.9.7 it was able to power on the cam by either power button or play button (both entered to playback mode), in 0.9.8 power button powers the cam on for a second, shows Canon logo and then the cam powers off.

... can not confirm this behaviour .... ...for me it works exactly as before....

short press on Play or Power --> Entering Playmode + CHDK start
long press on Power --> Entering to Rec-Mode + CHDK Start

One tip: Take out again your SD Card, close the Lid and start the cam (without SD Card). Then shut down and re-insert the SD Card. Then press "long" the Power Button... it happened in the older release, that depending of how the cam was shutdown last time (then taking out the SD Card, putting latest diskboot.bin on the card + re-inserting the card back to the Cam) had sometimes a weird behaviour. Also sometimes CHDK will NOT start...then I do this procedure until the Cam will properly know, that there is a "bootable Drive" in there. It seems that while inserting the SD Card there is already a Check going on, because just starting/stoping the Cam won't resolve the issue, that CHDK is not loaded...however: This was already with 0.9.7,...

« Reply #144 on: 16 / April / 2009, 17:48:38 »
Thanks for suggestion, but after few minutes the problem disappeared. Sorry for bothering you. :)

« Reply #145 on: 16 / April / 2009, 17:59:42 »
No worries... you just have been lucky, that you never encountered this status before with 0.9.7 :-) .....me inserting/pulling out this SD Card about 30 times an hour during further "debugging" have had this issue several times. ...it also happened once (with same SD Card) on my S2 IS in the past...was very worried, but then after ejecting/re-inserting it was fine....so there may be still some improvement in the boot-sequence (in general).

Btw....the symptom of not starting CHDK is much stronger on the "small partition/large partition" setup (on large SDHC Cards)....actually CHDK started only two times like this...it could be in the part that "DataGhost" added to access 2nd partitions on large SDHC cards....
« Last Edit: 16 / April / 2009, 18:02:23 by fboesch »

Offline pev69

« Reply #146 on: 17 / April / 2009, 01:37:28 »
...me inserting/pulling out this SD Card about 30 times an hour during further "debugging" ....

:) Argh, yes, I was doing the same at one point. Makes one wish for wireless storage class functionality (does any camera have bluetooth yet?).

Offline Sei

« Reply #147 on: 17 / April / 2009, 03:44:54 »
Makes one wish for wireless storage class functionality (does any camera have bluetooth yet?).
Maybe this could help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye-Fi

Offline pev69

« Reply #148 on: 17 / April / 2009, 04:26:26 »
Makes one wish for wireless storage class functionality (does any camera have bluetooth yet?).

Maybe this could help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye-Fi

Yeah, at first glance the Eye-fi seems just the thing: a wi-fi connection through the SD card. BUT, it seems that it offers only automatic cam->PC download of new pictures, and even so that only JPEG files are transferred! How stupid a design is that?!

So using Eye-fi for CHDK debugging would require a HDK for the Eye-fi as well, to enable manual file transfer into the camera, dammit.
« Last Edit: 17 / April / 2009, 04:28:13 by pev69 »

« Reply #149 on: 17 / April / 2009, 07:49:23 »
Playing a little bit with raw and dng at the moment. In some threads I've read that the DNG Files 10bit files. The files generated on my SX1 are 24bit (my Viewer says). Also the DNG files cannot opend with Adobe Lightrom or Photoshop. Thats strange because the DNG format is from Adobe. Is it different handeled in our cam?