Time Lapse using sunsetF16.lua first try results - Creative Uses of CHDK - CHDK Forum  

Time Lapse using sunsetF16.lua first try results

• 4 Replies
Time Lapse using sunsetF16.lua first try results
« on: 13 / October / 2009, 12:10:39 »
Advertisements
Time Lapse Canon SD 1100 IS with CHDK using sunsetF16.lua first try results:

137 images into 15 seconds of video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv4KWJwlSiA

Notice the low clouds traveling northwest and high clouds traveling south!

Offline fbonomi

• A570IS SD1100/Ixus80
    • Francesco Bonomi
Re: Time Lapse using sunsetF16.lua first try results
« Reply #1 on: 13 / October / 2009, 18:22:00 »
moving clouds can be really fascinating!!!

what is the sudden flash at 13" ? did you change settings or is it the script's fault?

Speaking about movoments of clouds, you can have different reasons for clouds moving in different directions.

1) Clouds being carried by contrasting winds (such as in your case)

2) Clouds "shifting" through wind, for example: the wind blows in E direction, trying to carry the cloud away, but the cloud dissolves when carried away to E and re-creates from the W margin. So, the cloud fragments move towards east, but the cloud appears to be stationary (and perhaps even to "climb" against the wind in West direction). this typically happens in correpspondance with some feature (usually a hill) that changes that status of the air above

Just a few days ago I took a (normal) timelapse that has really chaotical movements!

« Reply #2 on: 14 / October / 2009, 15:03:28 »
I set it up again last evening for a longer run and got the same flash again. This time I manually lightened the 5 prior photos incrementally and then darkened the 5 photos after the flash. It now appears almost seamless.

If you look closely, you can see it at 17-18":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpRPrFZaVtk

I am still not sure what is causing the flash... but I will give it one more try and analyze the exposure, iso, and time

::)

Offline fbonomi

• A570IS SD1100/Ixus80
    • Francesco Bonomi
« Reply #3 on: 15 / October / 2009, 03:20:30 »
very nice.

Where was it taken ?

At 22"-25" you see some sort of "wiping" movement of shadow. This is usually the shade that something very large and very far away projects in the athmosphere.

Sometimes that's just clouds, as probably is in your case, but if it happens when there are no clouds (and it repeats in a similar pattern everyday) they might be very far away mountains.

As per the flash, there must be some very wrong settings or a bug in the script...
do you find a file called "timelaps.log" in the card?
Could you send it to me?

« Reply #4 on: 22 / February / 2010, 11:49:29 »
Pardon me but where can one find the "sunsetF16.lua" and or latest built? I'm trying this with a G9

Thanks (and sorry for the thread drift)