Highest Speed Motion-Detection (Lightning) Scripts - page 2 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum  

Highest Speed Motion-Detection (Lightning) Scripts

• 17 Replies
Re: Highest Speed Motion-Detection (Lightning) Scripts
« Reply #10 on: 06 / February / 2008, 04:08:32 »
Advertisements
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 10:39:44 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

« Reply #11 on: 06 / February / 2008, 04:09:38 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 10:56:51 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline Aged

« Reply #12 on: 06 / February / 2008, 10:19:35 »
(Does anyone see a simpler way to test for both variables in this loop without adding that extra if j then wend line? As that would add an extra 10ms lag when not using the "Fast Shoot" option.)

I haven't seen this method used lately (since 6502 days?)
  binary count  relation  value
eg 4a + 2b + c = x where x>0
For your specific example
 : 2t + j = x or (usually a faster calculation)
 : t + t + j = x , x is odd (1,3) when j=1 otherwise even (2)

When testing the above in uBasic I found the 'else' clause was also evaluated although the 'then' clause was true

« Reply #13 on: 11 / April / 2008, 10:58:35 »
I readed all that topics and so, feeling bit dizzy from that :-D.

Could anybody send me (PM) "the best" script for A610 (and some info)?
Thanks in advance

« Reply #14 on: 14 / May / 2008, 12:55:09 »
Are all the MD_lightning scripts gone?  I wanted to try it out, but the only one i could find was the one on the wiki and that one doesn't seem to like to work in low light conditions for me and my s3is.

Offline vine

• A560
    • my chdk page
« Reply #15 on: 14 / May / 2008, 12:57:38 »
Just get one of the other fast MD scripts. For example: Fast MD with burst/preview mode
my photo map

my chdk page with tutorials, scripts and more

>> finally back from vacation (was a bit longer than intended) <<

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #16 on: 14 / May / 2008, 13:41:25 »
Are all the MD_lightning scripts gone?  I wanted to try it out, but the only one i could find was the one on the wiki and that one doesn't seem to like to work in low light conditions for me and my s3is.

Barney deleted all his posts so the scripts aren't here anymore. You may be able to find them somewhere, but I'd recommend trying mine instead. The lightning detection speed (in fast react mode with default settings) should be pretty much equal to Barney's scripts since my MD loop is sufficiently similar to his as far as I can recall (both come from the same thread where the speed was improved by various people, Barney's scripts playing a central role).

Find my script in this thread: Fast MD with burst/preview mode

Note that nobody has tested those two latest ones yet (the ones for cameras with a separate video button), so if they fail, use the generic Digic II one... it should work if you only shoot stills or bursts of stills.

As for low light, this is a known weakness of the entire MD feature. In low light, there is a lot of noise in the viewfinder image, and you need to increase the threshold setting to stop MD from triggering from noise. Increasing the threshold  also means that the darker it gets, the more prominent the motion must be (in terms of luminance, if you are monitoring the luminance channel) for motion to be detected reliably.

For more information, read the documentation to my script, it may help you to better understand the limitations and all the parameters no matter which script you end up using.

« Reply #17 on: 14 / May / 2008, 14:07:10 »
thanks for the suggestion.  i'll definitely get your script when i get home.  i originally misread your script explaination last night and thought it was for video, but now that i know its also for stills i'll definitely try it out.