G11 porting - page 42 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

G11 porting

• 530 Replies
Re: G11 porting
« Reply #410 on: 12 / March / 2010, 17:20:44 »
Advertisements
Oh dear, another FW for the G11... Anyway, the fw-dump looks good. A binary compare to the old fw-versiones shows a lot of changes, so it is normal that the current versions of CHDK are not working for 1.00L. I am currently a little bit busy, so i dont know exactly when i will find some free time to start a "blind" port CHDK for the 1.00L fw-version. I still only have the 1.00J FW on my G11,  so i cant test a 1.00L fw port on my camera.

ERR99 The fact your thinking about looking at another port with this firmware change is massively appreciated by all Im sure. :), so we`ll keep our fingers crossed :D. Thank you, and keep up the excellent work.

Im guessing these slight firmware changes are bug issues

« Reply #411 on: 12 / March / 2010, 21:45:15 »
Marc, I guess owners with the G11 and 100L firmwares will be coming out of the woodwork more and more now, so hopefully a port will be looked at with the developers on this one soon.

Don't expect too much from me, ill have crack at it, but in time, I'm a pretty rusty old programmer. A lot of this stuff is new to me, and fascinating too. An amazing project, hats off the developers.

cheers.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #412 on: 13 / March / 2010, 03:05:51 »
Marc, I guess owners with the G11 and 100L firmwares will be coming out of the woodwork more and more now, so hopefully a port will be looked at with the developers on this one soon.

Don't expect too much from me, ill have crack at it, but in time, I'm a pretty rusty old programmer. A lot of this stuff is new to me, and fascinating too. An amazing project, hats off the developers.

cheers.
You may want to check out http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Adding_support_of_a_new_firmware_version

edit:
and I might want to read more carefully and see that fe50 already linked it ;)
« Last Edit: 13 / March / 2010, 03:08:41 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #413 on: 13 / March / 2010, 05:44:40 »
Added the G11 1.00L dump from this post (8MB, from sam_m, dumped with ERR_99's modified G11 udumper) to the drop.io - chdkdumps2 backup archive.
  http://drop.io/chdkdumps2/asset/g11-100l-7z
Thx to the 'dumpers' & uploaders !

Offline ERR99

« Reply #414 on: 14 / March / 2010, 17:09:48 »
Okay, here is my first try of a 1.00L port. It is completely untested, so users with 1.00L FW, please check what happens if you try to start the attached diskboot.bin. If i dont make any mistake, chdk should work as expected. But we will see... it is also possible the the camera crashes or does not boot. Then there is more work to do...  ;)

« Reply #415 on: 14 / March / 2010, 19:51:09 »
Okay, here is my first try of a 1.00L port.

Boots up fine, from here will further testing be 1.00L specific?

I quicky ran the lua lib test script.
io OK
os FAIL 2
string OK

Offline ERR99

« Reply #416 on: 15 / March / 2010, 06:55:21 »
Nice, so its booting.  :)
The "os FAIL 2" is also with the other FW versions, so no 1.00L specific Problem (removedir makes trouble in this test).
Ok, the current result shows me that boot & keyboard task modifications are working. Please also test if exposure & movie overrides are also working. So please enable some overrides in the chdk picture & movie menu and test if the are working (e.g. exposure or ISO override and zooming and/or AF-rescan during video).

« Reply #417 on: 15 / March / 2010, 13:06:05 »
1.00L working fine for me too, so many options, im not used to this from the A620, ive tried the zooming and focus overrides with video and it worked fine, will do more testing later, but so far ive not come into any issues, crashing etc.

Thanks so much for your hard work on this, its hugely appreciated.

« Reply #418 on: 16 / March / 2010, 21:44:56 »
Hi guys,

I'm completely new to CHDK but am looking to help out in any way I can. I have a G11 and CameraVersion reports I have firmware "1.00 rev a.00".

Is there anything I can do? I'm confused as to if the version numbers in this thread are CHDK version numbers or G11 firmware version numbers (i.e. my "A" revision isn't helpful).

(BTW -- I'm comfortable dealing with alpha/beta code as long as I can revert to OEM firmware if CHDK is having issues.)
« Last Edit: 16 / March / 2010, 21:50:44 by Viper007Bond »

Offline ERR99

« Reply #419 on: 17 / March / 2010, 03:47:35 »
I never used "CameraVersion" to get the firmware version until now, i only know the "Firmware info" method in the wiki (http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/G11). But if "CameraVersion" works correct, it looks like you have a very old firmware version: 1.00A
You can simply try if one of the allready available g11 chdk ports is working for your camera/fw-version. If none of the ports work, and your camera freezes, shuts down or does not start at all, dont worry, simply remove the battery and the set sd-card switch back to R/W and your g11 is back to normal, because chdk does not change/overwrites the original canon firmware. It is only copied from sd-card to RAM and runs directly out of the RAM.

If no of the available ports works, then i think another port for 1.00A is needed. For that case, it is necessary to get a dump of your 1.00A firmware. For this, use the modified udumper (you can find the link in the chdk g11 wiki) and upload the fw dump please.