D10 porting thread - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum  

D10 porting thread

• 131 Replies

Offline reyalp

D10 porting thread
« on: 29 / May / 2010, 06:18:45 »
Advertisements
D10 builds are now available from the autobuild server http://mighty-hoernsche.de/

Must be time for one of these.

Update May 31:
Checked in initial work. This is NOT a working port, it is NOT added to the autobuilds. I've checked in the source to make it easier for me or anyone else to work on.

Update June 26:
Checked in initial capt_seq.c implementation. Raw shooting and overrides now work. Still not added to autobuilds.

Update June 27:
Enable jpeg quality override, attached full build and small build.

Update July 24: (-test3)
Added multi-partition support.

Update July 31: (-test4)
Fixed raw/DNG not being saved if you quickly press the shutter. Overrides are still ignored in this case.
Forum attachments appear to be disabled, builds may be downloaded at
http://drop.io/reyalp_chdk

Update September 2: (-test5)
Updated color matrix by DavidB
Fixed OSD aspect (normal CHDK grids work, menu/OSD text bigger etc), mostly by DavidB

Update September 5: (-test6)
Fixed zebra

Update September 6: (autobuild 938)
Added to batch builds, now available from the autobuild server http://mighty-hoernsche.de/
Added movie_rec stuff: video quality override and optical zoom unlock
Dark frame subtraction control done

Update October 30 (and some earlier):
Fixed bracketing in custom timer
Added USB remote
Added PTP (but no mode switching)

Not implemented/Not Working
- DNG extension over USB: won't be implemented
- extra long exposures

Working/completed
- loader/* done
- spytask: gui, menus etc
- kbd task: key input, script execution, write lock override
- initial work for all stubs_entry and stubs_min done, but there are probably some mistakes.
- most files in platform other than capt_seq and movie_rec, including mode map, fl_tbl etc.
- Tv bracketing in continuous mode
- histogram
- multi partition support
- motion detection
- setting Tv from script
- DNG matrix (DavidB)
- OSD size/aspect (DavidB,reyalP)
- zebra
- dark frame subtraction control
- video quality override
- video optical zoom unlock
- USB remote support
- bracketing in custom timer mode

Scripts tested successfully
- llibtst.lua
- setmode.lua batch mode, including play/rec change
- tstcallf.lua
- romlog.lua
- badpixel.lua
- mdfb digic 3
- remote.bas

Known issues:
- Continuous shooting with raw/dng enabled crashes (sometimes ?)
- CHDK OSD disappears frequently.
- If you press the shutter quickly without waiting for focus, override settings are ignored
- DNG has dark borders. This is intentional, the active area covers all pixels that have any data, but there are large areas which have data but are distinct from the normal jpeg area.
- AF in video doesn't seem to work
- with video optical zoom, if you zoom into digital zoom, you cannot zoom out the optical
- PTP doesn't support mode switching

This is a mostly functional beta version. Most of the core CHDK features should work, but it hasn't been extensively tested. Like all CHDK builds, it comes with absolutely no warranty. Before you report bugs, please check the known issues.

If you have not used CHDK and don't know how to install/use it, please see the wiki and ask generic CHDK questions in the newbies forum.
« Last Edit: 30 / October / 2010, 19:59:30 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Re: D10 porting thread
« Reply #1 on: 16 / June / 2010, 15:12:59 »
I have a D10 and I really like it. Would love to be able to chdk it like my a590..... please let me know what I can do to help, even if it is only testing.

J

Offline reyalp

« Reply #2 on: 16 / June / 2010, 17:04:01 »
I have a D10 and I really like it. Would love to be able to chdk it like my a590..... please let me know what I can do to help, even if it is only testing.
J
I need another chunk of time on my schedule to do the shooting related stuff (capt_seq etc). After that there should be a build to test. I'm going to try to do it in the next week or so, but I'm pretty busy.

« Reply #3 on: 18 / June / 2010, 03:16:58 »

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #4 on: 18 / June / 2010, 05:11:19 »
Hello & welcome, Holobert !

What I would need most importantly is Av (Modus)

AFAIK the D10 does not have a real aperture (iris diaphragm), just a ND filter to emulate two "aperture" values.
Like on other comparable Powershots (IXUS series, cheaper A-series models) the ND filter is controlable with CHDK (auto, on, off) from the menu or in a script.

For creativity you may use the zoom, this mechanically changes the aperture value...

« Reply #5 on: 18 / June / 2010, 05:48:50 »
Hi fe50,

I red about the non existing aperture in the other thread about the D10 just after I wrote my line. Actually I did not know that there are cameras without an iris. I will probably have to live with the fact that this camera does not enable the user to create controlled unsharpness. Altough the very short (on all ends) focal length and the small sensor size makes it almost impossible to create unsharpness.

Regards,

Holobert

Offline reyalp

« Reply #6 on: 18 / June / 2010, 20:42:13 »
The camera is almost not useable in the automatic mode due to the crazy ISO settings and uses very often the widest open aperture settings even if not necessary.
I have found that there is significant noise even at ISO 80. If you want to control ISO, why not use P instead of auto ? Or do you want auto ISO in a restricted range ?

Actually I did not know that there are cameras without an iris.
All the cheap canon models are this way now, as are all the ixus line regardless of price. You can tell if a canon camera has an iris by whether it has an Av mode. If it doesn't, then the hardware is missing. It would make no sense for canon to spend the money on th hardware without it.

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #7 on: 19 / June / 2010, 02:41:21 »
<OT>
All the cheap canon models are this way now, as are all the ixus line regardless of price. You can tell if a canon camera has an iris by whether it has an Av mode. If it doesn't, then the hardware is missing. It would make no sense for canon to spend the money on th hardware without it.
The new IXUS 300HS seems to be the first Ixus/SD camera with an iris, at least there should be a real iris since this camera provides "manual control" for Av - or is Canon cheating, is it also an emulation with a ND filter or via software ?
</OT>

Offline reyalp

« Reply #8 on: 19 / June / 2010, 20:59:43 »
<OT>
The new IXUS 300HS seems to be the first Ixus/SD camera with an iris, at least there should be a real iris since this camera provides "manual control" for Av - or is Canon cheating, is it also an emulation with a ND filter or via software ?
</OT>
Sd990 has "manual" mode, which lets you control "Av" but it is only the ND. It does not have Av mode however.  I suspect this is a packaging issue, since even the highest end don't get it.

« Reply #9 on: 21 / June / 2010, 19:55:03 »