Question for devs: How to find out if movie recording in progress? - page 3 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

Question for devs: How to find out if movie recording in progress?

• 39 Replies

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
Re: Question for devs: How to find out if movie recording in progress?
« Reply #20 on: 05 / April / 2008, 06:28:20 »
Advertisements
conf.o: In function `conf_change_alt_mode_button':
conf.c:(.text+0x144): undefined reference to `kbd_set_alt_mode_key_mask'

gmake clean fir?

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #21 on: 05 / April / 2008, 06:35:42 »
sometimes i feel so stupid :D
but strange that i didnt get this error before.
thanks!

in remaining video time,overrides-cusomizations,no-raw@video,just _random_ stuff :D the new finding by ewavr is used extensively
« Last Edit: 06 / April / 2008, 18:49:36 by PhyrePhoX »

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #22 on: 08 / April / 2008, 14:35:25 »
alright, previus issue was solved, thank you guys.

next question in line would be: how do find out if "daylight saving time" is in effect? tm_isdst in the ttm struct isnt set, so that is of no help.
would i have to search the firmware for occurrances of "date" or "isdst" or "summer" or whatever? how do you find these functions, ewavr?
shall i take one memory dump with DST set and one without? and then compare the dumps? i guess there will be a lot of changed values, how do i find the ones that matter?
i know, lots of questions. but maybe one day i can find these things on my own, and teach the newbies just like you guys teach me ;)
thanks in advance, phox

p.s.: i dont know if any other cams beside the s3is have the DST option in firmware.

edit: i cant even take the dump. blue led lights up shortly, but i cant find anything on sdcard afterwards.
« Last Edit: 08 / April / 2008, 15:04:25 by PhyrePhoX »

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
« Reply #23 on: 08 / April / 2008, 16:00:00 »
edit: i cant even take the dump. blue led lights up shortly, but i cant find anything on sdcard afterwards.

Dump-file should be in DCIM/100CANON folder. If you do not have that folder - create it manually.
CHDK Developer.

« Reply #24 on: 08 / April / 2008, 16:51:41 »
Admittedly pleading total ignorance of the specifics but some modicum of understanding of generalities it appears that some of what was done here might be relevant and you are certainly the group that can figure it out if it's possible.

I put in a feature request regarding recording Audio from a USB Mixer into the USB port of the TX-1.

A few folks had negative responses to the idea and raised all kinds of useless objections about Windows and DAWs and other matters that did not apply.

One person raised issues about firmware modifications and etc which also do not apply, but he set me on a thought process that might be doable.

Briefly, Can CHDK enable the USB Port, buffer the incoming data, track the address where the CPU is writing the camera's audio to the SD Card during this clock cycle and then replace that data with the audio from its buffers during the next clock cycle while the CPU is writing to the next sector?

The quality of the audio is 44.1kHz, 16-bit, stereo, so it is not a huge amount of data to write.

I'll be glad to explain in greater detail if you'd like as the above is just a sketch of the idea.

TIA,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<")%%%><<

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #25 on: 09 / April / 2008, 00:56:00 »
hm, as i understand it, there isnt even a proper port of chdk for the tx-1 yet, right? in german we have a saying that goes a little like that: "why talk about eggs that arent hatched yet"?
i'm sure the audio thing can be possible, but as it requires alot of calculations & modifications in realtime, this will be a hard task. we can barely use motiondetection at a speed of 50ms right now, for audio to be in sync, whoaw, i dont know. besides, the usb "logic" part in the firmware hasnt been found yet, only the "is there current or not" logic.
assumption: the day that is found the usb "logic", meaning chdk being able to "communicate" via usb port, will be the day people would want expanded remote-shutter capabilities, remote-capture, being able to transfer ALL kinds of files via usb (limited to jpgs, raws & sound now). that being said, i think the audio thing will have a low priority, as there is a) the aforementioned need of the people to use usb for extended remote-things and b) there only is a small fraction of people (among them, you) that would want that feature. i know, more and more people would want that feature as soon as it would be possible to be included, but i think you catch my drift.

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #26 on: 10 / April / 2008, 15:10:10 »

Dump-file should be in DCIM/100CANON folder. If you do not have that folder - create it manually.

ah, now it works. dont know what was causing the blue led to only light up so shortly (had the 100CANON folder). ok, now that i have two dumps, how do i proceed with the 32MB big files? do these have to be loaded by a special application? i guess so, as my text editors cannot open the files. is there a tutorial somewhere? thing is, if i search the forum or the wiki for "dump", i only find links about firmware dumps, not memory dumps. :(
« Last Edit: 10 / April / 2008, 15:36:14 by PhyrePhoX »

Offline wontolla

• S3 & G9 & A720
« Reply #27 on: 10 / April / 2008, 15:24:40 »
I would use UltraEdit. It can make diffs and open large files.

But are you sure the problem is your editor? You mentioned once you have a slow computer.

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #28 on: 10 / April / 2008, 16:53:33 »
yeah, slow computer indeed, but it still should open the file. managed to open one dump with scite, a kind of freeware ultraedit. but uh, 32 megs of binary text is a whole lot to look for one changed bit :D and it seems i cant really make a diff between those two dumps. gotta find another way. *grml*

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
« Reply #29 on: 10 / April / 2008, 17:23:11 »
i cant really make a diff between those two dumps

Do you know Windows 'fc' command? It allows to compare two binary files: fc /b file1 file2.
But you will get just a report which bytes are different.
CHDK Developer.