Powershot N Porting Thread - page 13 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Powershot N Porting Thread

• 212 Replies
Re: Powershot N Porting Thread
« Reply #120 on: 23 / August / 2014, 21:45:36 »
Advertisements
If you could take 5 minutes to walk it through its paces that would be great.
Usually that takes loner than that. Here is what I've got:

- DNG full shutter works
- DNG half shutter works
- ETR 00:01:31 works
- USB Remote works
- Zebra works
- CHDKPTP connects
- remote shoot DNG works
- FWT works in single and continuous drive mode

- video quality 5 and 70 don't work with video mode being set to quality
   (~ same file size for 5 sec clips)
- CHDKPTP UI overlay color palette is wrong (see screen cap)
- CHDKPTP live view doesn't use camera's aspect ratio
   (seems to be movie's wide screen aspect ratio and crop)
   (UI overlay is completely visible on that as shown)
Thanks.

The video issues are noted in the README.TXT file.   

CHDKPTP colors are okay for the N.  Must have missed something for the N-fb.

Aspect ration under CHDKPTP looks okay if you deselect the "Scale for A/R" option
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline koshy

« Reply #121 on: 23 / August / 2014, 21:59:00 »
Aspect ration under CHDKPTP looks okay if you deselect the "Scale for A/R" option
No that just re-scales. The crop is very different than on camera. I took a photo but didn't process and attach before so here it is. That is more or less the same framing as in CHDKPTP. Note that a significant portion to the bottom is cut off in CHDKPTP.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

« Reply #122 on: 24 / August / 2014, 08:48:27 »
@waterwingz

I tryed last Version for non Facebook N from http://mighty-hoernsche.de/trunk/
because Your direct link was expired.
Booting is ok, but Menue Buttons in PLAY mode are white with white text in it.
Bouttuns in REC mode are uk, white with orange text in it.
All menue Buttons are working ok,

Regards, Andreas

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #123 on: 24 / August / 2014, 09:10:24 »
It's possible that the palette issues are related to 'color schemes' (there is a setting for this in the Canon menu).

« Reply #124 on: 24 / August / 2014, 09:33:22 »
@waterwingz

I tryed last Version for non Facebook N from http://mighty-hoernsche.de/trunk/
because Your direct link was expired.
Booting is ok, but Menue Buttons in PLAY mode are white with white text in it.
Bouttuns in REC mode are uk, white with orange text in it.
All menue Buttons are working ok,

Regards, Andreas
Darn.   That means the custom palette is not loading and you are getting no color.  I wonder if its related to the comment srsa_4c just made about the color mode in the Canon menus?  I don't have the camera with me so can't play with that but maybe you could try ?

Offline koshy

« Reply #125 on: 24 / August / 2014, 09:48:50 »
It's possible that the palette issues are related to 'color schemes' (there is a setting for this in the Canon menu).
Yes. I can confirm that. I took yesterday's last version that had the problem on the N FB. Color schemes orange and pink give the white buttons, blue-gray and khaki don't. With the latter two the buttons worked fine in both play and shooting mode. I'll test the build proposed for ALPHA addition next.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

« Reply #126 on: 24 / August / 2014, 09:52:04 »
Yes. I can confirm that. I took yesterday's last version that had the problem on the N FB. Color schemes orange and pink give the white buttons, blue-gray and khaki don't. With the latter two the buttons worked fine in both play and shooting mode. I'll test the build proposed for ALPHA addition next.
You are changing the palettes used doing that - but it may not be actually loading the custom color palette.  The best way to check is to look at the CHDK palette display for the row of color I posted an image of yesterday.   

Possibly the +1 offset I used in the palette pointer for the N (that didn't work for you) is only needed in some color schemes.   The fix for your camera was to remove it - but you might have simply been using a different scheme than me.   If that's the root cause,  I'll need to figure which one to use based on discovering the Canon "color mode byte.   Next week that is.
« Last Edit: 24 / August / 2014, 09:58:35 by waterwingz »

Offline koshy

« Reply #127 on: 24 / August / 2014, 10:10:40 »
Testing the build we ended up with I found that things are more complicated.

If I boot the camera with anything but orange the buttons are white. => custom palette is not loaded
I checked by displaying the palette, the respective colors are white (in play mode, not shooting mode) for all but the orange color scheme on boot up.

No matter which color scheme I set on the menu the Buttons work right after I do that but as you said because I'm changing the palettes used doing that - it is not actually loading the custom color palette.

Screen photos are attached.

Still, switching color setting to whatever and back to what you wanted in the first place always gets things to work for the current shooting session.

« Reply #128 on: 24 / August / 2014, 10:27:45 »
Testing the build we ended up with I found that things are more complicated.

If I boot the camera with anything but orange the buttons are white. => custom palette is not loaded
I checked by displaying the palette, the respective colors are white (in play mode, not shooting mode) for all but the orange color scheme on boot up.

No matter which color scheme I set on the menu the Buttons work right after I do that but as you said because I'm changing the palettes used doing that - it is not actually loading the custom color palette.

Screen photos are attached.

Still, switching color setting to whatever and back to what you wanted in the first place always gets things to work for the current shooting session.
it never made sense to me that the N would be different than the facebook N for color palettes.    Now that we have the right clue, thanks to srsa_4c,  I should be able to fix & test this quickly. When I get home next weekend that is.

Offline koshy

« Reply #129 on: 24 / August / 2014, 13:28:25 »
it never made sense to me that the N would be different than the facebook N for color palettes.    Now that we have the right clue, thanks to srsa_4c,  I should be able to fix & test this quickly. When I get home next weekend that is.
I think it likely will explain the CHDKPTP UI Overlay palette difference (where mine was broken and yours was fine), too. Also shouldn't be different between FB and regular N.