IXUS160/ELPH160 Porting attempt - page 37 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

IXUS160/ELPH160 Porting attempt

• 497 Replies
Re: IXUS160/ELPH160 Porting attempt
« Reply #360 on: 30 / December / 2015, 13:15:57 »
Advertisements
Setting white balance seems broken on this camera using build 4317. For example, here is me trying to set white balance to Tungsten:

set_prop(require('propcase').WB_MODE, 3); sleep(50);

There is no crash, it just doesn't change any setting as far as I can tell.

I can verify that this same code does work on an A2500.

-D

Offline reyalp

« Reply #361 on: 30 / December / 2015, 14:42:32 »
Setting white balance seems broken on this camera using build 4317. For example, here is me trying to set white balance to Tungsten:

set_prop(require('propcase').WB_MODE, 3); sleep(50);
One thing you can check is whether that propcase changes when you set the WB mode through the canon UI. Enable the propcase viewer, set to page 27 and watch what happens to 271.

It may also depend on what shooting mode the camera is in. If it doesn't allow setting WB in the canon UI (like in AUTO), setting the propcase may be ignored.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #362 on: 30 / December / 2015, 17:49:21 »
Good call on this. Checking the propcase values after setting it by hand reveals that the propcase key is the same, but the values have shifted meaning. The Tungsten white balance is 4 on an ELPH 160 while it is 3 on other cameras.

There is a similar issue with disabling the flash. Though that isn't a propcase. I'll have to see what I can figure out.

-D

Offline reyalp

« Reply #363 on: 30 / December / 2015, 18:08:18 »
Good call on this. Checking the propcase values after setting it by hand reveals that the propcase key is the same, but the values have shifted meaning. The Tungsten white balance is 4 on an ELPH 160 while it is 3 on other cameras.
So setting to 4 gives you the correct result?
There is a similar issue with disabling the flash. Though that isn't a propcase. I'll have to see what I can figure out.
You should be able to disable the flash using the FLASH_MODE propcase, but it's possible the values have changed. propset6.h says

#define PROPCASE_FLASH_MODE                      143        // 0 = Auto, 1 = ON, 2 = OFF

« Reply #364 on: 30 / December / 2015, 19:32:26 »
Setting the propcase for flash mode changes both the result of get_prop() for the key and get_flash_mode(). But the old flash mode persists on the viewscreen of the camera. My testing was in bright light, so the flash wasn't being triggered in any case. So I suppose I need to test whether (a) the flash is being set to off but is not showing up in the interface or (b) the flash is not being correctly set.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #365 on: 30 / December / 2015, 20:34:21 »
Setting the propcase for flash mode changes both the result of get_prop() for the key and get_flash_mode(). But the old flash mode persists on the viewscreen of the camera.
Changes to propcases do not usually show up on screen immediately.

« Reply #366 on: 31 / December / 2015, 11:34:51 »
Could someone summarize hows the port going, i mean what works, or what doesnt work... (the thread is long i dont have the time to read it currently, sorry :-( ).

Im mainly targeting the functionality with some sort of ptp (mainly simple captures, download of files through usb would be nice also) or the usb remote trigger.

Do these two functions (ptp functions (mainly capture)) and USB remote trigger. Do these work?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #367 on: 31 / December / 2015, 15:16:03 »
Could someone summarize hows the port going, i mean what works, or what doesnt work... (the thread is long i dont have the time to read it currently, sorry :-( ).

Im mainly targeting the functionality with some sort of ptp (mainly simple captures, download of files through usb would be nice also) or the usb remote trigger.

Do these two functions (ptp functions (mainly capture)) and USB remote trigger. Do these work?
My impression is quite a few people are using this port with book scanners, so these function probably work.

You should be aware of the reported camera damage earlier in development of the port.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #368 on: 31 / December / 2015, 15:32:55 »
edit: old, port is in autobuild now

For all ixus160 users, here's a build of the most recent sources:

I know a lot of people are using builds that were provided though PM at various points. Before adding this to the autobuild, I'd like to give everyone a chance to try the current version.

The usual warning about camera damage applies. No warranty, use at your own risk. If it destroys your camera don't blame us, but please do tell us ;)

Please do not share zip or the download link without directing people to this post.
« Last Edit: 17 / April / 2016, 15:25:48 by reyalp »

Re: IXUS160/ELPH160 Porting Attempt
« Reply #369 on: 03 / January / 2016, 21:47:38 »
For all ixus160 users, here's a build of the most recent sources:
I know a lot of people are using builds that were provided though PM at various points.
Before adding this to the autobuild, I'd like to give everyone a chance to try the current version.
I have just received my first Ixus160 and did a very Quick Ixus160 CHDK check.
The camera Powered Up Ok and seemed to work Ok when just testing a few basic CHDK Functions.

Edit #1, Some More detailed test results:- Seemed to work Ok.

Re: IXUS160/ELPH160 Porting attempt « Reply #368

Edit #2 "...The usual warning about camera damage applies...":- my Camera is still Ok.

However there appears to be a small amount of the Ixus 160-100a port that,
"May have some Porting Errors", my thoughts are that this may be a potential problem
and the cause of the "...camera damage ..." reports. (???)

.... Comments Anyone ......

More details in another post.

H-H
« Last Edit: 04 / January / 2016, 21:55:50 by Hardware_Hacker »