IXUS 130 (SD1400 IS) Porting Thread - page 29 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

IXUS 130 (SD1400 IS) Porting Thread

• 288 Replies
Re: IXUS 130 (SD1400 IS) Porting Thread
« Reply #280 on: 20 / June / 2013, 23:49:14 »
Advertisements
  Ive Been Working Two Jobs This Week, Day And Night So Bare With Me.
Im Not Sure Im Understanding The Menu Concerning Shutter Speed Yet, Ill Work On That.
The Code, (Copy&Paste Problems Typically) Sounds Right To Me.
Three of your four scripts have been modified to run on the SDM platform.  It contains many specialized uBASIC commands that CHDK does not support.

The fourth script is a Lua script and it needs additional Lua source files that I suspect you have not transferred from your other camera - hence the error.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #281 on: 21 / June / 2013, 11:29:36 »
OK you say:
(Three of your four scripts have been modified to run on the SDM platform.  It contains many specialized uBASIC commands that CHDK does not support.)

SDM Platform?
Now That You Pointed It Out I See On  MDFB-080914.lua,
 "rem Modified to support 'show sample points' option and turn-off synch mode (SDM 1.82 and later)"
 I Have This And Didn't Have A Clue!  :blink:

(The fourth script is a Lua script and it needs additional Lua source files that I suspect you have not transferred from your other camera - hence the error.)
And The Fourth Script Is (Sunset F16)?

« Reply #282 on: 21 / June / 2013, 14:24:56 »
SDM Platform?
SDM = Stereo Data Maker - a spin-off of CHDK that uses the core CHDK port for each camera and adds a different UI & set of functions largely aimed at stereoscopic photography.   The author of that project chose to add many specialized commands to the uBASIC language - a design decision not supported or adopted by the core CHDK architects & developers.

(The fourth script is a Lua script and it needs additional Lua source files that I suspect you have not transferred from your other camera - hence the error.)
And The Fourth Script Is (Sunset F16)?
Yes.

« Reply #283 on: 21 / June / 2013, 17:49:55 »
Sunset F16 Was The Fourth Script!
I Finally Got It Working Correctly! 
But What A Pain In The Arse!   I Have So Many Different Downloaded Sunset F16 Files With The Same Name But They Have Different Code In Them, And On Top Of That Most Aren't What They Say They Are. I Cant Be The Only One With This Problem Can I?
Anything Special I To Test Next?
OK Back To Testing And Comparing Cameras Running Scripts With Identical Settings To See If Its "CMOS Over CCD For Me"

Thanks Again Waterwingz!,  :haha
Where Would We Be Without Gurus Like You?
       You Rock!

« Reply #284 on: 21 / June / 2013, 18:05:23 »
Anything Special I To Test Next?
I think its now safe to assume that the 1.00a is at least as good as the other firmware version of the SD1400 at this point so I'll post a patch to get it released in the autobuild.

tHE oNLY oTHER tHING yOU mIGHT wANT tO tEST iS wHATEVER iT iS tHAT iS cAPITALIZING tHE fIRST lETTER oF eVERY wORD iN yOUR pOSTS?  :P
« Last Edit: 21 / June / 2013, 20:02:03 by waterwingz »

SD1400IS
« Reply #285 on: 23 / October / 2014, 15:00:31 »
Hi to all
A long time ago I donwloaded the Stick to my computer and prepared my SD card from there for my SD1400IS.
I used the intervalometer, that was already installed in the process, and another functions without problems...
Today, about a year later, I tried to prepare an SD with the STICK software to use the intervalometer in my SD1400IS again and I couldn't  :o :o
The STICK programs says "No official build is available for this camera".
I tried to download the files from here http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/SD1400IS and the links doesn't work!!

I am newbie and I am a little confused with all the setps to follow without the STICK  :blink: :blink:

I will really appreciate if someboby can help me...

Thabks in advance.

Best Regards!
M.-

Offline zeno

« Reply #286 on: 23 / October / 2014, 18:05:36 »
I just downloaded a sample photo taken with an IXUS 130/SD 1400 from Flickr (this one https://www.flickr.com/photos/cameralabs/4602947161/in/set-72157623927126655) and dropped it on STICK. It said there was a trunk build for it - the camera firmware was 100a. There's a build for 100c too.

I don't know why STICK didn't work for you - could you email the log to me (you will find it in the STICK folder - it's a text file called sticklog.txt. Send me a photo taken with your camera too - then I can run some tests.

daveATzenoshrdlu.com
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

Re: IXUS 130 (SD1400 IS) Porting Thread - LCD Off?
« Reply #287 on: 31 / May / 2015, 20:50:06 »
Hi Folks - I am the coach of a robot team consisting of 8 teenagers, and we are planning a high altitude balloon launch using a Canon Powershot SD1400IS as our stills camera.  I have downloaded CDHK to the camera, along with an intervalometer program (http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Lua/Scripts:_Accurate_Intervalometer_with_power-saving_and_pre-focus).  The program works with one exception:  the LCD screen on the camera does not shut off.  I would like to figure out how to shut it off to help preserve the battery, as the camera is going to be up in the air for approximately 5 hours.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

BristolGarry

Re: IXUS 130 (SD1400 IS) Porting Thread - LCD Off?
« Reply #288 on: 31 / May / 2015, 21:02:41 »
Any suggestions?
You could tweak the code to add a set_lcd_display() command somewhere at the start.   Be aware that turning off the display gives maybe a 10% savings in power draw at best - more info here :  battery intervalometer

Or you could consider a different script that might be more suitable  like : kap_uav.lua (i.e. designed for maximum shooting speed on a moving platform with a few nice options for interleaving video, startup delays, lens retraction when done....)   which will also handle the "display off" setting for you.

You will also want to consider using an external battery pack and to insulate that pack as much as you can.  Five hours is a long time if you are shooting every minute at room temperature - never mind 5 miles up.
« Last Edit: 31 / May / 2015, 21:26:21 by waterwingz »