Input Boxes - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

Input Boxes

• 2 Replies
Input Boxes
« on: 14 / May / 2012, 05:17:35 »
Advertisements
This thread is for all information's, questions, and other things that affect the input boxes.

Old discussion about the TextBox: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=7272.0

How To use the input boxes:
Textbox:
With the textbox you can easily enter small text's (e.g. to rename a file).
There are three modes of the box: The edit mode to input/edit text, the navigate mode to navigate in the text and the button mode to select OK or CANCEL.
The controls are:
  • UP Enter a character of the first keyboard line (edit mode)
  • DOWN Enter a character of the last keyboard line (edit mode)
  • RIGHT Enter a character of the right keyboard line (edit mode), move cursor right (navigate mode), switch button (button mode)
  • LEFT Enter a character of the left keyboard line (edit mode), move cursor left (navigate mode), switch button (button mode)
  • SET Select character (to input a char of the same line, edit mode), click button (button mode)
  • JOGDIAL RIGHT Move cursor right (edit, navigate mode), switch button (button mode)
  • JOGDIAL LEFT Move cursor left (edit, navigate mode), switch button (button mode)
  • SHUTTER HALF Select keyboard (edit mode)
  • ZOOM IN Insert space (edit mode)
  • ZOOM OUT Delete character left to the cursor (edit mode)
  • MENU Switch mode
Number Box:
The number box is a box to input double and int values. She also has three modes: one mode to go through the numbers by counting (i don't know if this is correct in English it should be "durchzählen" in German), one to set a digits value and the button mode.
The controls are:
  • UP Add 10-fractional digits (e.g. if there are 5 digits after the decimal point, add 10-5=0.00001, first input mode), add 10position (e.g second digit on the left of the decimal point is selected add 102=100, second edit mode)
  • DOWN Subtract 10-fractional digits (e.g. if there are 5 digits after the decimal point, subtract 10-5=0.00001, first input mode), subtract 10position (second edit mode)
  • RIGHT Change to the next digit on the right (second input mode), switch button (button mode)
  • LEFT Change to the next digit on the left (second input mode), switch button (button mode)
  • ZOOM IN Change to the next digit on the right (second input mode)
  • ZOOM OUT Change to the next digit on the left (second input mode)
  • JOGDIAL RIGHT Add 10-fractional digits (input modes), switch button (button mode)
  • JOGDIAL LEFT Subtract 10-fractional digits (input modes), switch button (button mode)
  • SET Click button (button mode)
  • MENU Switch mode
Screenshots will follow. Attached is a patch to add the number box.

TobiMarg

Re: Input Boxes
« Reply #1 on: 15 / May / 2012, 02:27:58 »
I had the following error:

Code: [Select]
(...)
Patching file CHDK/LANG/english.lng using Plan A...
patch: **** malformed patch at line 12: Index: CHDK/LANG/german.lng

I have no idea, what was wrong. I tried to apply patch to the #1855 trunk
if (2*b || !2*b) {
    cout<<question
}

Compile error: poor Yorick

Re: Input Boxes
« Reply #2 on: 22 / May / 2012, 06:28:03 »
I have that problem also with CHDK-shell and I don't know why.
With tortoiseSVN I could apply the patch (I created it also with tortoise).

EDIT: I've now made a new patch that you can apply with CHDK-shell
« Last Edit: 22 / May / 2012, 06:29:50 by TobiMarg »