Offline Jucifer

• [A710IS]
Re: display turn off
« Reply #1 on: 18 / June / 2008, 05:30:26 »
The official builds don't support the "a=get_prop 181" syntax
You could try "get_prop 181 a" or another build

« Reply #2 on: 19 / June / 2008, 05:43:11 »
Thank you for your reply, Jucifer. You were wright, I was using a wrong syntax. But there was also a problem with the property case number. I was getting always a value of zero, independently of the state of the display. I finally wrote an script to test all the possible property case numbers, finding that for the 570is the correct number is 105, and not 181.
« Last Edit: 19 / June / 2008, 05:45:34 by Vicente »

Offline cyril42e

• SD1000/Ixus70 1.02a
    • CR-TEKnologies
« Reply #3 on: 19 / June / 2008, 08:55:14 »
Yes, this is because your camera has a DIGIC III processor, and propcase numbers are different for DIGIC II and DIGIC III cameras.

But good find! It wasn't listed here (I'll add it), and I didn't find it when I tried to find the meaning of all propcase numbers :-).

« Reply #4 on: 09 / August / 2008, 12:30:18 »
Vince> When you turn off your display with code in script, it is still possible to set manual focus? Because when I turn off display with button, then my A720 use still auto focus before each picture.

Offline KhN

« Reply #5 on: 20 / August / 2008, 20:37:12 »
I have the same problem with MF when I run a intervalometer script. I must turn off the display to maximize the duration of the batteries, but when I turn the LCD off before I run the script, the MF are disabled, and autofocus reenabled. The problem is when I take pictures on low light conditions. I hope anybody can help in this!

Offline fbonomi

• A570IS SD1100/Ixus80
    • Francesco Bonomi
« Reply #6 on: 21 / August / 2008, 02:00:07 »
KhN, that's good to know, I was having focusing with night timelapses.

You could try plugging the "Video out" cable in the camera.
That turns off the display in a completely different way, and perhaps the software will keep using manual focus.
Or, try a hack like the ones described here:
prolong you battery life on motion detection, time lapse etc.

« Reply #7 on: 21 / August / 2008, 08:33:59 »
If the lcd is turned off by the display off timer,I have  to turn on again(by  any touch i think)the lcd:the MF mode is out ,but
the focus is maintained!To use it  I have only to reinstall MF ("up"on my g7)and shoot.
I can too turn off and on by myself the lcd with my g7 shortcut/print button and reinstall MF  by the same way.
The worst way to turn off the lcd seems to be the display button:MF lost,focus lost.
In a script I suppose you have to try: shortcut to turn lcd off,and lcd on,reinstall your MF mode(without resetting it)and shoot...
If you have'nt shortcut button maybe let the LCD off timer do his job and then wake up lcd and mf mode.

« Reply #8 on: 22 / August / 2008, 18:22:16 »
fbonomi> Your kebab is not solution. :-) When i plug a cable into video output, i can take nearly the same number of pictures as with LCD on. It seems that also video output consumes lot of power. I think only solution is to turn off display in script, but on Digic III it is not possible now. I tried set propertycase 105 on 2 but without any effect.

« Reply #9 on: 23 / June / 2009, 01:16:02 »
I've fixed the MF mode display off + focus issue in my daylapse script (see .sig).  When wakeup time comes, if the cam has been asleep, the script selects MF mode again and sets the subj. dist. (focus).  These are both done with DigicII/III feedback and are thus not tricked by current state of the Focus Mode.