DryOS - some success - page 17 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

DryOS - some success

• 220 Replies
Re: DryOS - some success
« Reply #160 on: 24 / January / 2008, 09:01:36 »
Advertisements
I am new to this forum, i own S5, but i don't know much about programing. I would like to test releases, so if i can help in any way, please let me know.

My firmware is GM1.01A, Adj Ver.007.000, IS Firm Ver. 3.00, IS Param Ver. 3.00

Should i try to load this last release from DataGhost?
I suppose not, but, if i try, can anything go wrong permanently? (i don't think so, but would like your opinion)

Offline intrinsic

• S5IS
« Reply #161 on: 25 / January / 2008, 00:02:15 »
I am new to this forum, i own S5, but i don't know much about programing. I would like to test releases, so if i can help in any way, please let me know.

Thanks for the offer.

My firmware is GM1.01A, Adj Ver.007.000, IS Firm Ver. 3.00, IS Param Ver. 3.00

I believe DataGhost is intending to look at 1.01A after the 1.01B port is complete, once there is a version of CHDK for the S5 porting will be much easier (structurally everything will more or less be the same, most likely the only difference will be addresses of functions that CHDK hooks).

Should i try to load this last release from DataGhost?
I suppose not, but, if i try, can anything go wrong permanently? (i don't think so, but would like your opinion)

You can try. It would, I think at least show us whether the boot sequences are compatible (I believe they should be), no permanent damage will come to your camera, most likely if it doesn't work it will just hang, in which case unlock your SD card and reboot your camera and it will be back to normal.

« Reply #162 on: 25 / January / 2008, 16:46:00 »
Hi!

I'm the happy owner of a S5is, with a firmware 1.01b.
After searching a bit, i have install the last code of DataGhost on my S5, following the same procedure than for the 720 is, or quite.
I had to take files in the BIN folder from the archive of DataGhost, the DISKBOOT.BIN file, and the s5is-101b.FIR, then copy them to the root of my Sd card, and then use the program bootable.exe (from Ewawr) under windows to make the card bootable.

Then, i lock the card, put it in the camera, turn the camera on in Play mode, and i saw that CHDK launches, because there was some numbers changing in the two up corners of the screen. But... Nothing more, actually. The camera function normally, (I mean that there is no extra functions) because it's still the version of code without the support for keyboard i think.
It turns out that the s5is-101b.FIR file is not necessary, the CHDK launches also without it.

So.. :) It's good to see that CHDK launches, but it doesn't give anything currently.  :(
Still.. I'm sure that it's on the good way, and i would like to already thanks DataGhost and all others programmers working on the porting of CHDK to S5is for all the works they are doing!

Offline BB

« Reply #163 on: 27 / January / 2008, 00:38:26 »
First,

My thanks to everyone here involved with CHDK. I am both amazed that anyone figured out how to dump and disassemble code from a digital camera and all of the functions that have been created.

I have the first release (?) of Allbest's v16 DryOS code loaded in my A720is (yippee!) and found two small issues.

1. With a 4GB SDHC Sandisk II card formated with FAT 16 (format e: /fs:fat on Win-XP). Everything seems to work OK, except saving the CHDK/chk.cfg file. Turns out that neither the file or file system (CHDK/BOOK /FONTS /etc...) are being created on the 4GB card. I tried a camera formated 16 MB and a 2 GB SD  card and both worked fine (directory structure and chk.cfg file were created--however, the CHDK.CFG file was created/modified with a 01/01/2000 12:00 AM date and time). By copying the directory structure (and file) over to the 4 GB SDHC card, the camera was able to "remember" OSD settings just fine. I have yet to play with the other functions (book, scripts, etc.) to see if they have FAT16 issues or not. The camera seems to be making JPEG files just fine. And I have shot a couple RAW pictures too (have yet to load any software that can open RAW).

2. The other minor problem is that Zebra/Blink mode does not map on the screen correctly when using Digital Zoom (paints roughly 1/4 screen to the left and up a bit with respect to the LCD feed). Not a big issue--can shoot with only optical zoom and Zebra maps on the screen just fine.

Sincerely,
-Bill

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
« Reply #164 on: 27 / January / 2008, 04:02:27 »
1. With a 4GB SDHC Sandisk II card formated with FAT 16 (format e: /fs:fat on Win-XP). Everything seems to work OK, except saving the CHDK/chk.cfg file. Turns out that neither the file or file system (CHDK/BOOK /FONTS /etc...) are being created on the 4GB card.

2. The other minor problem is that Zebra/Blink mode does not map on the screen correctly when using Digital Zoom

1. Try this version with increased startup delay - http://www.zshare.net/download/6914475366a739/
2. This is normal for CHDK

Offline BB

« Reply #165 on: 27 / January / 2008, 12:13:08 »
Good Day ewavr,

Thank you for your very quick response.

I have formated the 4GB SDHC card and tried saving my configuration.

This time, the directories and the CHDK.CFG file was created and updated with my new settings and works fine. The other issue (default 01/01/2000 12:00 AM time/date) is still there. Does not appear to use the camera's time and date when creating/modifying the directory/file).

Also, I noticed when taking RAW photographs, the Date and Time for the first RAW photo (after camera boot), always has the time/date set to 01/01/2000 12:00 AM. If I take another RAW (without camera turn off/on) photo, the 2nd (and 3rd) do have the date/time set correctly. Both V16 and V23 behave the same in this regard.

My best regards,
-Bill

« Reply #166 on: 27 / January / 2008, 12:59:58 »
Any progress with S5? 
Where I can find .BIN and .FIR for S5is, with a firmware 1.01b?
« Last Edit: 27 / January / 2008, 13:05:22 by danvan »
Cheers,
DanVan

« Reply #167 on: 27 / January / 2008, 14:15:29 »
Hi Danvan,

I have post a little Howto for the S5is on page 11, you can just read it!!  ::) Currently, it doesn't give anything to install the CHDK, but still... if you want try.. :)

« Reply #168 on: 27 / January / 2008, 15:28:18 »
Thank You Parda,
I am aware how to start CHDK and how to make the SC bootable. I just wondered where DataGost share the files?
Cheers,
DanVan

Offline DataGhost

• EOS 40D, S5IS
    • DataGhost.com
« Reply #169 on: 27 / January / 2008, 17:18:49 »
I don't, because I didn't make a lot of progress yet. I had a lot of things going on in the past few days and I spent most of the available time on re-documenting and rebuilding stuff for myself, so I don't have to remember it (and forget lots of it). As I said, the code is still NOT USABLE. The current codebase will not give you anything besides a few fancy texts on the screen, unless you know how to program. The functionality is still the same as a couple of weeks ago, all real stuff happened on some handwritten notes and some .txt files, I didn't really include those changes into any codebase yet. Still, the version you're looking at is based on a completely crippled version with, even if it's working, limited to no functionality. I really don't understand why you all want the S5 code when I don't even dare to call it 'working'.