default.bas? - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

default.bas?

• 4 Replies
default.bas?
« on: 27 / October / 2008, 22:39:15 »
Advertisements
I ran a bracketing script, and now, don't want to use it any more.  Is there a "default" state I can go to?  I basically want CHDK to return to the "brand-spankin' new, out of the box" mode, and was wondering if there was a default.bas I could use.

I tried using the one here: Talk:FAQ - CHDK Wiki. but it doesn't quite take me back to where my S5 IS was the first time ever I installed CHDK.

Is there another way to return to the "original" state?  BTW, it seems that even after I power my camera off, take out the SD Card, batteries, etc., and turn it back on in ALT mode, it goes back to the bracketing script I last ran.

Thanks in advance.

Offline reyalp

Re: default.bas?
« Reply #1 on: 27 / October / 2008, 22:48:20 »
Using the latest builds, if you make a script file that is completely empty (0 bytes) and select that, it will return you to the default script.

I've attached an example ;)
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #2 on: 28 / October / 2008, 15:00:42 »
I gave this a shot last night.  Corect my memory, but when you do a fresh CHDK install and go into ALT mode and click the shutter, is the scrolling text informing you of default mode the standard operation?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #3 on: 28 / October / 2008, 23:11:39 »
Yes.

There really isn't much reason to use the default script vs any other small harmless script.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #4 on: 29 / October / 2008, 10:01:58 »
Just don't shoot in <ALT> mode...