SDM 1.80 Released. - Microfunguy's Builds - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

SDM 1.80 Released.

• 11 Replies
SDM 1.80 Released.
« on: 08 / March / 2009, 07:06:29 »
Advertisements
(thanks to ewavr and fudgey for mode-dial discussion)

SDM 1.80 is released.

Synchronised shooting bug fixed on the TX1

Experimental Sunrise/Sunset feature now has three non-linear exposure phases followed by a constant-exposure phase.
The shooting information may be logged to a TXT file or the brightness and luminance logged to a CSV file for spreadsheet analysis.
This feature may also be run as an option in the time-lapse script for non-stereo applications that do not use an external switch signal.

New uBasic commands have been added :-
'set_script_speed'/'get_script_speed' (by Dave Mitchell) speeds-up execution of many uBasic statements.
'movie_mode'/'record_mode'/'playback_mode' switches to those modes.
'record_movie_for' (X seconds) switches to movie mode and records a movie for the defined time (ideal for kite aerial photography).
'upload_images_for' (X seconds) switches to playback mode for the defined time, enables the USB connection, uploads images to the PC and then returns to record mode.
'make_usb_connection' switches to playback mode,enables USB connection and connects to a remote-capture programme such as PSRemote.
If you are running the SDM 'time_lapse.bas' script, every time a photo is taken it can be immediately uploaded to the PC without storing on the camera.
This can be as fast as about every three seconds.
It may also work with gPhoto but has not been tested.
'sleep_for_seconds'/'sleep_for_minutes' added for convenience and minimising number of script lines.

For digiscoping, after power-up you are immediately ready and simply press the remote switch, all the required conditions have been set for automatic, bracketed-focus exposures.
A number of sample scripts are provided to fully-automate zooming to the appropriate focal-length,setting manual-focus,focusing at reference distance and setting continuous-shooting mode.

Not all cameras have been tested, report any problems to Yahoo SDM Group.
« Last Edit: 08 / March / 2009, 07:19:36 by Microfunguy »

Re: SDM 1.80 Released.
« Reply #1 on: 08 / March / 2009, 11:04:03 »
'record_movie_for' (X seconds) switches to movie mode and records a movie for the defined time

That should be 'shoot_movie_for'.

« Reply #2 on: 28 / March / 2009, 10:15:54 »
I am still unable to load SDM from my Mac.  I'm sure there is a way, but I am not a programmer or writer of such.  Perhaps I could just send you a couple SD cards and you or someone could load it for me?

« Reply #3 on: 28 / March / 2009, 10:20:21 »
Perhaps I could just send you a couple SD cards and you or someone could load it for me?

Sorry you are having problems.
Contact me at microfunguy AT gmail DOT com.

David

« Reply #4 on: 21 / April / 2009, 17:50:13 »
I was curious if anyone could point me toward more info on the sunrise/sunset experimental feature. If you take a look at the lua forum you'll see that i've been working on long term time lapse for quite a while and the sunrise/sunset feature may be of great interest to me.

Its possible that its quite easy to find by searching the forum but the forum search is currently broken.

---

Found the yahoo group, probably a better place for this discussion
« Last Edit: 21 / April / 2009, 20:45:55 by mattkime »

« Reply #5 on: 22 / April / 2009, 07:37:47 »
Found the yahoo group, probably a better place for this discussion

Yes, I have seen your post, I will reply there.

David

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #6 on: 11 / May / 2009, 16:57:24 »
ixus65 stub for PostLogicalEventForNotPowerType is incorrect in sdm 1.80 src btw. Should probably be 0xff96f5c8.

« Reply #7 on: 11 / May / 2009, 17:15:57 »
ixus65 stub for PostLogicalEventForNotPowerType is incorrect in sdm 1.80 src btw. Should probably be 0xff96f5c8.

Thanks.
If you are sure, I will correct it.

« Reply #8 on: 11 / May / 2009, 19:31:19 »
ixus65 stub for PostLogicalEventForNotPowerType is incorrect in sdm 1.80 src btw

In that case, the following script should not work :-

@title Shoot Movie
@param a movie duration
@default a 10
shoot_movie_for a
end

Should probably be 0xff96f5c8.

Does the movie script work now ?

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #9 on: 12 / May / 2009, 13:07:20 »
I have no clue, I don't have that camera ;). I just noticed your sources had a 7-figure stub address while trying to make sense of the mess we call rec/play/movie switching (typo missing a 5 if my memory serves) and that just can't be. The one I pasted was from IDA's automatic output, I didn't check the disassembly.