Links to timelapse videos on Vimeo produce two players - Archived Issues - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

Links to timelapse videos on Vimeo produce two players

• 6 Replies
Links to timelapse videos on Vimeo produce two players
« on: 10 / July / 2009, 17:33:25 »
Advertisements
I posted this here yesterday:

http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,3900.0.html

It contains a link to a video I posted to Vimeo.  When my forum post displays, the Vimeo player appears twice.  Apparently this is the case for all Vimeo links here.  The board is taking the simple vimeo.com/nnnnnnn address I typed in, and converting it to some more complicated Javascript.

I posted a question about this in the Vimeo support forum, and got the following reply from one of the staff techs:

"you have the embed code appearing twice on that page AND it's not the embed code we've provided. it's an altered javascript version of it which we cannot support."

Well, I don't see where the link appears twice in my post, but I assume it must.  Otherwise there would only be one player.  I think his comment about the unsupported javascript shouldn't be worried about since it obviously does work.  But clearly something is wrong to make the player appear twice.

By the way, it seems the same javascript works fine - just one time - for Flickr links.

The embed code Vimeo suggests is quite lengthy, and appears not to be necessary.  But it would be nice if the javascript used here could be modified so the player only shows once.  Is that possible?  If not, is there a different way I can enter the link so this doesn't happen?

Re: Links to timelapse videos on Vimeo produce two players
« Reply #1 on: 10 / July / 2009, 18:06:27 »
I had similar problems with my posting here

« Reply #2 on: 10 / July / 2009, 18:11:24 »
Do a view source, it's a wonder this forum is up at all :blink:

« Reply #3 on: 10 / July / 2009, 23:51:14 »
Ok, I see it's there twice.  Well, if the board can't be fixed, is there a way of including the link in my post in such a way that the board won't mess with it and try to translate it to javascript?

« Reply #4 on: 12 / July / 2009, 18:16:09 »
Hi,

The board has a mod that auto-embeds any external video link. I'll see if there is a bug correction for it.

« Reply #5 on: 12 / July / 2009, 18:32:47 »
place the link between [ noembed ][ /noembed ] tags.

[noembed]http://vimeo.com/5530298[/noembed]

if you want it to appear just as text, place it between quote tags:

« Last Edit: 12 / July / 2009, 18:40:12 by acseven »

« Reply #6 on: 22 / July / 2009, 09:34:39 »
Thanks very much, acseven.  That works.