A2000IS porting

• 95 Replies

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
Re: A2000IS porting
« Reply #40 on: 10 / September / 2009, 05:19:21 »
Advertisements
@dabbeljuh

see my edit on #38 and #36 -> compiles fine under CHDK-Shell (notes.txt can just be an empty file)
work ? no, it's iax and reyalp who did that, i'm just playing and assuring CHDK-Shell doesn't trip over new
builds (in this case, if the cam panel would still be readable after the resize  :D )

wim

edit:
I know I could do it by adding the a2000-lines to the root-Bootfile, but I'm just tired of doing it with every new build
just copy Makefile from previous (did that for 797 -> 798 myself)
« Last Edit: 10 / September / 2009, 05:39:49 by whim »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #41 on: 10 / September / 2009, 14:45:14 »
edit: still misses notes.txt though (and maybe commented-out root Makefile entries) :
lib.c: In function 'hook_raw_fptr':
lib.c:50: warning: return makes pointer from integer without a cast
cat: ./platform/a2000/notes.txt: No such file or directory
Ah, I just use make fir for development.
@dabbeljuh
remove warning by adding "(void *)" before "0xEC04F0" in platform/sub/100c/lib.c
and CHDK-Shell will give you the 'green light'
As I said before, all the hook_raw* stuff is obsolete (it's not actually used anywhere), and will go away.

edit: to be specific,  hook_raw_fptr and hook_raw_ret_addr

« Last Edit: 10 / September / 2009, 16:56:33 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline iax

« Reply #42 on: 10 / September / 2009, 17:53:40 »
Hi all, thanks for all the work.

Fixed the following things:

- fixed key mappings. Now CHDK menu is activated by the MENU button instead of DISPLAY button
- fixed battery temperature crash (used same sx100 workaround)
- added content to notes.txt file
- removed hook_raw* from lib.c
- fixed platform id value
- fixed fl_tbl  and CF_EFL values

Still have to fix aperture/ndfilter stuff.

Attaching diff file against 797 and diskboot.bin

Attaching diff file against 797.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #43 on: 10 / September / 2009, 18:42:30 »
Checked in, svn 799 comments/changes below
- fixed key mappings. Now CHDK menu is activated by the MENU button instead of DISPLAY button
I'm a bit confused. Does the KEY_MENU in kbd.c correspond to the canon menu or display key ? I would suggesting mapping those to the actual key, and adjusting the key detected by the code if needed. Also, why not use the direct print button, like other CHDK cameras ?
- removed hook_raw* from lib.c
Err, sorry for the confusion, but you definitely need hook_raw_image_addr and hook_raw_size! I'm surprised it compiled without those.
I know said * before but that was wrong.  :(

I've kept this in the version I checked in. Hrm, looking what I checked originally checked in, I didn't include the fptr and ret_addr stuff. Maybe whim's right about not sleeping enough.
- fixed platform id value
- fixed fl_tbl  and CF_EFL values
Have you checked that correct values are displayed ? It looks looks like a 10 might be dropped somewhere, but I'm not sure. Check osd parameters->misc values->show zoom in EFL and make sure it is close to the canon specs.
Still have to fix aperture/ndfilter stuff.
Note this should be accounted for in aperture_sizes_table in shooting.c. See any of the ixus cameras for an example.

dof_tbl in shooting.c looks like it is probably wrong too, since it has more than 8 steps. In fact, I'm not sure what it's doing since it doesn't appear to be referenced anywhere and is only present in some cameras.

Offline iax

« Reply #44 on: 11 / September / 2009, 04:23:07 »
I'm a bit confused. Does the KEY_MENU in kbd.c correspond to the canon menu or display key ? I would suggesting mapping those to the actual key, and adjusting the key detected by the code if needed. Also, why not use the direct print button, like other CHDK cameras ?

Problem was that, once entered in ALT mode with the Direct Print button like other cameras, I had to use the DISP button instead of the MENU button to enter the CHDK menu. So I thought the problem was an incorrect association of the KEY_MENU and KEY_DISPLAY entries in the keymap array. I've just switched the two values and now I can enter the CHDK menu through the "standard" sequence DirectPrint->Menu keys. Is this the correct approach to this problem? Please advise if there is a cleaner solution.

I know said * before but that was wrong.  

No problem at all :)

Have you checked that correct values are displayed ? It looks looks like a 10 might be dropped somewhere,
Should be ok, actually I use the 1000 factor in the code for CF_EFL and get_effective_focal_length, it is the comment line that is wrong!

Attaching a new DISKBOOT rebuilt with the hook_raw_image_addr and hook_raw_size in place
« Last Edit: 11 / September / 2009, 04:38:21 by iax »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #45 on: 11 / September / 2009, 05:19:00 »
Problem was that, once entered in ALT mode with the Direct Print button like other cameras, I had to use the DISP button instead of the MENU button to enter the CHDK menu. So I thought the problem was an incorrect association of the KEY_MENU and KEY_DISPLAY entries in the keymap array. I've just switched the two values and now I can enter the CHDK menu through the "standard" sequence DirectPrint->Menu keys. Is this the correct approach to this problem? Please advise if there is a cleaner solution.
No that sounds exactly right, I just didn't understand the earlier description.

FWIW, you can use "misc debug values" to watch how physw_status responds to various buttons. See gui_draw_debug_vals_osd() in core/gui.c

Offline iax

« Reply #46 on: 11 / September / 2009, 16:26:16 »
@reyalp
dof_tbl in shooting.c looks like it is probably wrong too, since it has more than 8 steps. In fact, I'm not sure what it's doing since it doesn't appear to be referenced anywhere and is only present in some cameras.

I checked, looks like dof_tbl is not used , also discussed here: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,2838.msg33975.html#msg33975

Offline iax

« Reply #47 on: 12 / September / 2009, 20:07:43 »
Ok I have found the NDFilter control functions in firmware and built a new diskboot which allows me to control ND Filter On/Off. It's working, will post diff  soon.

Just wondering: for cameras with an ND filter, is the aperture_sizes_table required or used in some way ? Should I fill the table taking pictures at all the differen zoom steps wid ND filter on/off?

Thanks

Offline reyalp

« Reply #48 on: 12 / September / 2009, 20:25:19 »
Just wondering: for cameras with an ND filter, is the aperture_sizes_table required or used in some way ? Should I fill the table taking pictures at all the differen zoom steps wid ND filter on/off?
Yes, it is still used AFAIK. You should be able to figure out how many stops the ND filter is good for if you don't want to go through them all.

Offline iax

« Reply #49 on: 13 / September / 2009, 19:05:56 »
Updated version:

- ND filter support
- fixed the aperture_sizes_table in shooting.c by measuring av values and aperture value reported by exif

Attaching latest diskboot and diff against 799