I set up a mini chdk developement environment just for playing. (chdk-shell under windows)
1. I made a copy form sx10 -> sx20 (new and only PLATFORMSUB: 100f)
2. I updated the Makefiles
3. I was able to compile
4. I replaced the AF led adressess with the new correct one.
5. I copied the new PRIMARY.BIN to the 100f dir
6. I got a lot of success signature found and a lot of "not found" during the make process
7. I inserted the missing signatures to the entry_2.S, with dummy (0xff81000) addresses
8. I got compile errors with unreferenced symols and i don't know why?
9. However i inserted the unrefenrenced symbol names from the sx10, to compile.
10. Now of course the new bootdisk.bin won't boot
11. I tried to debug with AF led blinking at the very first enrty point as the guide says, but nothing happens.
Now i'am stuck.
A. I know this is not the correct order of the porting, but it is only "playing". It is just a test for myself, to see my limitations.
B. I know the dummy addresses definitely breaks the boot process, but i don't know how to find the correct ones from the disassembled firmware.
C. I know there is more to do before try to boot.
D. However, i missed l ot of things, but, the AF LED should blinks, shouldn't it?
Thanx for RaduP the help for every 3 questions / step.
Sorry for lame description, i'll detail any point if not understable clearly.