the sx20 porting thread - page 71 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

the sx20 porting thread

• 1286 Replies

Offline f_m_b

Re: the sx20 porting thread
« Reply #700 on: 20 / June / 2010, 14:28:47 »
Advertisements
Hello fe50

I checked out the trunk-version at your link with tortoise and build it with the following comand line:

gmake PLATFORM=sx20 PLATFORMSUB=102b fir

In the official CHDK trunk

I became errors in gui.c while using "draw_set_environment" (gcc 3.4.6).
I wonder about that because the #include "gui_draw.h" is set and other commands like draw_init() are working fine. The syntax of draw_set_environment(NULL, NULL, SCREENX, SCREENY); seems to be ok.
I have commented out all draw_set_environment-commands and the build generate me a new DISKBOOT.BIN file.  :D
The commented lines brings me a very small CHDK screen on the camera. :(

Then i tried the VERY COMFORTABLE  :D way with CHDK-Shell-v271.exe
with the same compileroptions?, same sources, same gcc 3.4.6:
build needs a lot more time (full compile-flag is not set in Shell)...
... and brings following errors without building the new DISKBOOT.bin file:

*** Warning: File `../platform/sx20/libplatform.a' has modification time in the future (1277143414 > 1277050339)
*** Warning:  Clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete.
... and many more of that warnings  ...
gmake: *** Warning:  Clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete.

a build with version 342 ended with the same errors.

Do you have any idea what is my fault or what happens? :)

Bye the way what are the version-numbers in CHDK-Shell-v271.exe
Yesterday i had version number 341 and today 342, but svn-update on my source folder says, there is no code changed?

Bye Frank
Greetings Frank
SX20 (1.02b)

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #701 on: 20 / June / 2010, 15:57:46 »
Hi Frank,

i guess you mixed up some things...

*** Warning: File `../platform/sx20/libplatform.a' has modification time in the future (1277143414 > 1277050339)
*** Warning:  Clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete.
The .a files are locally compiled binaries, not source code files from the SVN; there's either something wrong with your system (check your time/clock settings), or you didn't run a "make clean" after your first test & before compiling again.

I suggest to
- install a new CHDKShell into a new folder
- let the CHDKShell load the gcc env (you can also copy the \gcc and \gcc4 folders from your existing installation)
- select the SVN source (button "Set SVN site..."): CHDK for the official trunk (CHDKDE is the german version, with some modifications and additions)
- let the CHDKShell download the latest trunk (changeset #905 atm)
- adjust the "Compile options...": select the gcc 4.4, some of the newer ports may not compile with the old gcc 4.3 version

Now select any of the cameras, e.g. one of the SX10 firmwares; compile this to make sure the dev env works flawless.

Now you can edit the main makefile & remove the leading # from the SX120 lines as described above...

Bye the way what are the version-numbers in CHDK-Shell-v271.exe
Yesterday i had version number 341 and today 342, but svn-update on my source folder says, there is no code changed?
These are CHDKDE version numbers, latest CHDK trunk is #905.
The changeset number increments on changes in all branches of the SVN tree, also on commits in personal branches; #342 was a commit from yesterday in the CHDKDE trunk...

Some basics for using the CHDKShell & the different SVN sites & branches:
- select the SVN site (CHDK for the official site, CHDKDE for the german one)
- select "trunk" (above the "Change" button) to use the trunk of the site you've selected; this is the source used by the autobuild servers
- if you want to use one of the branches, make your choice with the "Branches" button

Note: the personal branches are personal test builds, nothing official, there may be errors, bugs or critical features which could harm your camera !
Also often the personal branches are incomplete or need special local settings to compile (e.g. my fe50 or fe50t branches - don't use them).

In the german CHDKDE, the SX20 is already enabled in the main makefile, the german autobuild server delivers ready-to-use packages... http://www.wirklemms.de/chdk/forum/autobuild.php
« Last Edit: 20 / June / 2010, 16:03:21 by fe50 »

« Reply #702 on: 20 / June / 2010, 17:55:07 »
brings following errors without building the new DISKBOOT.bin file:

*** Warning:  Clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete.
... and many more of that warnings  ...
gmake: *** Warning:  Clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete.

Hi Frank, they are warnings not errors, they would not prevent compilation from succeeding.

(you always get those warnings, EWAVR once asked how do you get rid of them).

What are the first few ERRORS  reported ?

David

Offline fe50

• fe50
« Reply #703 on: 21 / June / 2010, 01:21:18 »
(you always get those warnings, EWAVR once asked how do you get rid of them).
You won't get those clock skew warnings with a correct working dev environment & the default settings / options ;)

Offline f_m_b

« Reply #704 on: 22 / June / 2010, 17:56:45 »
@SkyWalker9
Thank you for elaborating the idea with two 4GB partitions in your tutorial. :)

@fe50
Thank you for your explanation.  I begin to understand...

There are two repositories:
- chdk "https://tools.assembla.com/svn/chdk/trunk" with head revision 905
- chdkde "https://tools.assembla.com/svn/chdkde/trunk" with head revision 345 (de for german version)

The version from acid2000 is in the chdk repository, which i use.

What differences are beetween the two repositories? Only the language?
Are there code-merges beetween the two versions?

I tried with a new folder using CHDK-Shell 2.70 and although with another new folder using CHDK-Shell 2.71.
The problem (only warning) insists.

@Microfunguy:
You are right. There are only warnings and the bin files are "zipped" in the bin folder.

The creation date of the bin file is 2 days in the future (24.06.2010), but works fine in the sx20.
Time settings of my windows xp system are GMT +1hour +daylight saving.

I think i can "play" with this. :D

To warm up with the sources i'am looking to find a solution for swaping more then 2 partitions...
... and I am sure, sooner or later i will need some aid.  :)
« Last Edit: 22 / June / 2010, 17:59:37 by f_m_b »
Greetings Frank
SX20 (1.02b)

Offline fe50

• fe50
« Reply #705 on: 23 / June / 2010, 01:23:50 »
There are two repositories:
- chdk "https://tools.assembla.com/svn/chdk/trunk" with head revision 905
- chdkde "https://tools.assembla.com/svn/chdkde/trunk" with head revision 345 (de for german version)
Correct.

What differences are beetween the two repositories? Only the language?
Are there code-merges beetween the two versions?
The german DE version has some additions, modifications and enhancements, e.g. additional scripting commands, multicolor battery OSD, updated DOF calculator & a lot more; the DE autobuild server delivers packages with additional sample scripts and some other stuff discussed in the german forum.

Almost all changes from the international version are adapted & added to the DE version.
Most code changes or new features from the german forum will additionally be published here in the forum or in the CHDK Bug Tracker, some of them also get into the "official" (international) CHDK after some time (e.g. the customizable script console, http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_firmware_usage/MoreBest#set_console_layout )

For german users there's also the german wikia portal, a doxygen site, an advanced version of the german CHDK user manual in PDF format (also as JPG for in-camera use) for downloading, a german web site with more informations, samples & details in german language...

« Reply #706 on: 23 / June / 2010, 07:49:16 »
hello,

is there a way to add the seconds, in the time stamp that the camera puts directly on the photo ? and maybe some text, so that you don't have to edit on the computer later ?

tks

« Reply #707 on: 24 / June / 2010, 20:09:24 »
f_m_b posted a description of the failure of CHDK to follow the Canon "continuous" number setting in saving images. I have the same issue.

I find CHDK quite intriguing and I'm exploring many of the options. I've been watching the progress made on the SX20 version since before posting #1 of this thread. I salute the great efforts made by neszt and acid2000 to port CHDK to the SX20. Thank you both and all the others who have lent help.

I do hope that the numbering issue can be fixed. I am finding the repeated restarting of numbering to be a problem when dealing with the images. Files easily get overwritten and file names must be revised if images with the same number are to be used on web pages and in various database programs. After looking at a thread on this problem with another camera model, it might help to say that my camera is indeed set for continuous numbering. When I put in a memory card without CHDK installed, it reverts back to the normal numbering. It is CHDK, not my camera.

Has anyone found a suitable workaround?

Don

Offline SkyWalker9

• SX20 IS (fw 1.02b)
« Reply #708 on: 24 / June / 2010, 20:41:42 »
@radusx

is there a way to add the seconds, in the time stamp that the camera puts directly on the photo ? and maybe some text, so that you don't have to edit on the computer later ?
I haven't seen the capability within CHDK to do the renaming you mentioned. Not to long ago I tested a Windows app that appears to be able to do what you want - Batch Rename Pro & free versions (http://foryoursoft.com/). Here is a link to the apps online help that explains the renaming capabilities: http://www.foryoursoft.com/batchrename/brhelp.htm

@Coaster

I do hope that the numbering issue can be fixed. I am finding the repeated restarting of numbering to be a problem when dealing with the images. Files easily get overwritten and file names must be revised if images with the same number are to be used on web pages and in various database programs. After looking at a thread on this problem with another camera model, it might help to say that my camera is indeed set for continuous numbering. When I put in a memory card without CHDK installed, it reverts back to the normal numbering. It is CHDK, not my camera.
I haven't experienced this problem yet, but I suspect that it's because I may not have tried the same sequence of events you used when you experienced the problem. If you could remember briefly what you were doing just before the numbering problem happened or happens I'll be glad to test and see if I can replicate the same problem to verify how and when it happens.  If we can discover exactly how and when it happens it will help the folks who do the coding to find & fix the problem.

« Reply #709 on: 25 / June / 2010, 06:03:51 »
SkyWalker9  tks for answer, maybe i didn't explain very well (for renaming i use acdsee works ok) ,

I have seen on some other version of chdk the option that the camera adds directly on the image some text, in our case the sx20 can add a date stamp, but not the second, it would be nice to be able to put the text on the image (event name, location, your name, exif info, time with seconds, etc) even if it can be done on the computer later, a watermark , like this soft does http://www.batchphoto.com/howto/add-date/add-date.html , or http://picmarkr.com/

R