supplierdeeply

S90 Porting Thread

• 397 Replies

Offline ERR99

• Publish
    Re: S90 Porting Thread
    « Reply #80 on: 11 / April / 2010, 13:26:10 »
    Advertisements
    Yet another firmware... the S90 is really very much like the G11 on this topic...  :'(

What kind of card (Size, SD or SDHC) are you using?
    Did you prepared the card with cardtricks (NewDryOs dumper) and then replaced the diskboot.bin on the sd-card?
    (I use a small SD 2GB, FAT16 formated card for this).

Offline ERR99

• Publish
    « Reply #81 on: 11 / April / 2010, 13:41:17 »
    For the people who cant wait to play arround with CHDK on the S90, i attached a engineering drop of the current port.
    It is for the 101a FW (maybe it is also working on 101c, depends on how much canon has changed).

All the hook task are implemented, and also a lot of the other stuff. So you can try e.g. the exposure and captures overrides. CHDK RAW (no DNG support yet) should also work. The "optical zoom unlock" makes a little bit trouble, so dont wonder if zooming is sometimes not working in movie mode, when this override is activated.

• Publish
    « Reply #82 on: 11 / April / 2010, 15:09:15 »
    It is for the 101a FW (maybe it is also working on 101c, depends on how much canon has changed).

nope...looks like s90 is really much like g11 - my s90 don`t starts with the diskboot for FW 101a :(

Offline jblc

• Publish
    « Reply #83 on: 11 / April / 2010, 17:40:54 »
      Nice, ERR99 !  I have 101A and it felt really good to play around in chdk again.

In the two minutes I've had this, a few observations:
    - looks awesome, thanks for working on this ;)
    - With the camera powered off and turning on to play mode via the PLAY button, the lens extends into shooting mode as though the power button were pressed.
    - When in Av mode, after entering and exiting the chdk menu, the aperture changes to seemingly random values (i.e. it was F2 when entering, 5.6 or 8 after exiting, as though the control ring was both navigating in chdk and also changing aperture values at the same time).  The same goes for other manual modes, where the shutter speed will be drastically different after exiting.
    - the camera's built-in histogram really gets in the way when in the chdk menu, maybe there's a way to disable that automatically when in the menus
    - sometimes the entire menu (and CHDK) system just vanishes when navigating downwards in the main menu.  At first it looks like it's exited ALT mode, but then after further presses the menu seems to come back.
    « Last Edit: 11 / April / 2010, 23:45:56 by jblc »

• Publish
    « Reply #84 on: 12 / April / 2010, 01:43:35 »
    Another successful boot here. Thank you for the hard work ERR99.

I bought this S90 two days ago so perfect timing. :) Will give some feedback when I have a chance to do some actual testing (should be working).

• Publish
    « Reply #85 on: 12 / April / 2010, 03:18:01 »
    hy,
    i'm new to this and have one question, i tried to get my s90 101c firmware the way described by err99 but the only thing i get after removing the card from the cam is a unformated card. (the af lamp lights and i let the card in for 2 min, batt out, card out, ...)

anyway hope err99 does god progress in porting 101a (hope it will work also on a cam with 101c)

cheers

Me too, with the Primary bin my s90 boots - it says cardfailure.

With the Diskboot for 101a my s90 101c doesn`t boot - i have to turn the batt out, before I can use it again.
    « Last Edit: 12 / April / 2010, 03:34:49 by genervi »

Offline ERR99

• Publish
    « Reply #86 on: 12 / April / 2010, 03:52:07 »
    PRIMARY.bin is only a 1:1 copy of the internal S90 Flash and does not contains a single line of CHDK code. This file is needed to do the port, but it is no chdk-port. So this file is completly ignored by the camera. So its clear that the S90 boots and shows an error because of the SD card lock.

So there are adapted ports needed for the other firmware versions, great....  :haha

• Publish
    « Reply #87 on: 12 / April / 2010, 04:28:57 »
    I feel like iam in the never ending story - canon should make it easyer for us, or implement the right, flexible choices in FW. :'(
    « Last Edit: 12 / April / 2010, 13:19:58 by genervi »

• Publish
    « Reply #88 on: 12 / April / 2010, 17:44:51 »
    Yet another firmware... the S90 is really very much like the G11 on this topic...  :'(

What kind of card (Size, SD or SDHC) are you using?
    Did you prepared the card with cardtricks (NewDryOs dumper) and then replaced the diskboot.bin on the sd-card?
    (I use a small SD 2GB, FAT16 formated card for this).

i use a 4 GB SDHC card, formated FAT16 with cardtricks and prepared it like you wrote. but as i mentioned the af led turns on and if i remove it after a few minutes the card is kinda empty (i guess it messes up the file system somehow).
    i tried to use your 101a port on my 101c but it doesn't work at all (camer doesn't boot).

Offline ERR99

• Publish
    « Reply #89 on: 13 / April / 2010, 03:16:33 »
    So, here is the first try of a 100c CHDK port for the S90.
    100c users, pleasy try if its boot on a S90, i dont have this firmware, so i cant test it by my self.

<Update: Useless file deleted>
    « Last Edit: 13 / April / 2010, 08:26:27 by ERR99 »