S90 Porting Thread

• 397 Replies
  • Publish
    Re: S90 Porting Thread
    « Reply #160 on: 14 / April / 2010, 17:16:38 »
    Advertisements
    I will post a build when i finished that for 101c. ;)

So, here is the new build for 101c. Please try if its boot and if everything is working. ;)

hy err99,

thanks for all your work, but i'm sad to report that 101c isn't really working.
    using the new build the cam dosen't take any pictures anymore (it hangs with the orange led next to the s-button blinking). using the optical zoom while taking videos works only randomly and if it leads to a fixed zoom value till rebooting the cam.
    « Last Edit: 14 / April / 2010, 17:18:34 by mercurio »

Offline ERR99

• Publish
    « Reply #161 on: 14 / April / 2010, 17:44:55 »
    Hi,

here is  a new 101c (V2) build, please check if taking photos is now working properly.

Offline ERR99

• Publish
    « Reply #162 on: 14 / April / 2010, 17:50:37 »
      The jog dial and control pad buttons are now seemingly unresponsive most of the time, in particular when switching between manual modes.
    Yes, true. Looks like my last try to block the encoder have some side effects. :(
    Okay, for now i switched back to the old implementation for the jogdial task. I can see any
    unresponsive sideeffects with this, but after leaving the ALT mode, all jogdials events in ALT mode are also passed to the canon firmware. So dont wonder about changed AV/TV values...

So here is a new version for 101a (lets call ist also "V2" like the 101c build ;) )

Offline ERR99

• Publish
    « Reply #163 on: 14 / April / 2010, 17:52:03 »
    An here the same "V2" build for 100c:

• Publish
    « Reply #164 on: 14 / April / 2010, 17:56:27 »
    I really appreciate all your hard work on the S90, ERR99!

Offline jblc

• Publish
    « Reply #165 on: 14 / April / 2010, 18:10:42 »
    I'll look later when I get home and see what I had.  In the meantime maybe try

do
    a = get_usb_power
    until a>0

don't know if that will work.

If there are additional lines I need, can you please post the entire script?

Thanks!

If I get this working, I'll be trying the S90 for some kite aerial photos later this afternoon.  If I can't get the USB remote working, I'll probably just use an intervalometer script that is working well.

« Last Edit: 14 / April / 2010, 18:13:38 by jblc »

• Publish
    « Reply #166 on: 15 / April / 2010, 00:09:07 »
    I just want to the ERR99 and everyone else who put together the S90 port.  I have FW 1.00c and just installed the 1.00C build.  At first blush it's looking great!  I really missed using CHDK when I upgraded to the S90 and now it's back!  

I just can't thank you guys enough!

• Publish
    « Reply #167 on: 15 / April / 2010, 02:30:47 »
    quick question...from a relatively non-technical...but --highly-- appreciative observer of the way cool ongoing s90 chdk work. will the s90 chdk offer a timelapse/intervalometer function? that would be nirvana...a genuine timelapse capability on my s90. thanks for any info.

Offline jblc

• Publish
    « Reply #168 on: 15 / April / 2010, 02:43:13 »
      ERR99, you're awesome;)  Thank you for the continued work, this is pretty exciting to have.  It looks like it works well.
    --> Question: is "set_backlight(0)" supposed to disable the LCD?  It turns it off UNTIL a photo is taken...then the LCD turns on after each photo.  Is this a bug or the way it's supposed to work?
    --> When a script receives the USB remote input, as soon as the remote is activated a photo is taken even though in the script there's a long delay before the camera should shoot.  The camera shoots again later at the right time, but there's that extra photo at the start. "Remote" is disabled in the chdk menu.  This might be normal operation or a bug; I'm not sure.

So here is a new version for 101a (lets call ist also "V2" like the 101c build ;) )

• Publish
    « Reply #169 on: 15 / April / 2010, 06:37:16 »
    Hi,

here is  a new 101c (V2) build, please check if taking photos is now working properly.

hi,

thanks a lot for the new build. taking pics works now, overrides in picture mode also work.
    optical zooming in video mode works (only sometimes randomly) only for a few seconds and locks the zoom (optical and digital, the cam seems not to accept any commands from the lever anymore).
    scripting works.
    the rest also seems to be working.