Need Help with Scripts ! - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum  

Need Help with Scripts !

• 21 Replies

Offline tkeeg

Need Help with Scripts !
« on: 12 / December / 2009, 15:19:11 »
Advertisements

Offline OldGit

Re: Need Help with Scripts !
« Reply #1 on: 12 / December / 2009, 16:05:32 »
@tkeeg,
are you using a dual partition card ?.
If so, are you checking the correct partition.
On a dual partition card the small (boot) partition holds the initial start code, the main (large) partition holds the photos  / config and scripts etc.
After the initial startup, CHDK switches the partitions to make the large partition active, the camera can then only see the large partition.
On Windoze you will only see the small boot partition.
Hope this helps.
OldGit
SX200 IS-100C

Offline tkeeg

« Reply #2 on: 12 / December / 2009, 18:46:09 »
Hello OldGit and thanks for your reply!
Yes I am using an 8GB dual partition card. 
In my card reader, Windows XP only shows the small boot partition which has the CHDK files.  I had loaded the script that I wanted to use into the Scripts folder in the CHDK folder in this small boot partition, which is apparently why I can't see it in the camera menu when I am tryign to load it in the camera.
If I am understanding your reply correctly, then I need to load the script into the Script Folder in the larde MAIN partioion that I can not see in Windows.
Can you tell me how to do that...providing there is a way?
Thanks again,
Tom

Offline tkeeg

« Reply #3 on: 12 / December / 2009, 20:51:21 »
OK, I loaded UBUNTO onto my computer so that I could access the hidden part of the partition on my SD card.  I found the empty Script folder there and loaded the ult_intrvl.bas script that I want to use.
Now when I go the the ALT menu in my camera, I can see and select the script, but now when I push the shutter button to start taking photos, nothing happens.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
Tom

Offline OldGit

« Reply #4 on: 13 / December / 2009, 02:27:33 »
@tkeeg,
welcome to the world of CHDK, I have one of my PCs dual booting, Ubuntu + Windoze,
Ubuntu is much better for formating and copying files to the Cards. (and most other things)  :D
Remember that any config files and any updates to CHDK need to be on the large partition as well.

At present the Wiki lists 2 bugs ...
   "Other Bracketing modes not working"
   "Many scripts not working"

Your problem may be caused by these bugs and not anything you are doing wrong.
It would be helpfull if you could post to the SX200 porting thread any scripts you find that do not work.

I can then take a look into the problems and hopefully get the port fixed.
Many thanks, OldGit
SX200 IS-100C

Offline tkeeg

« Reply #5 on: 13 / December / 2009, 02:34:08 »
OldGit,
Thanks for your input.  I'll try some other scripts and see if I can get them to work.  Once I get some to work, I'll post the ones  that do not work in the SX200 Porting Thread.
Thanks again,
Tom

Offline OldGit

« Reply #6 on: 13 / December / 2009, 04:39:18 »
@tkeeg,
I just tried the ult_intrvl script, works fine.
Did you use the latest version from the Wiki.
OldGit.
SX200 IS-100C

Offline tkeeg

« Reply #7 on: 13 / December / 2009, 11:05:18 »

Offline OldGit

« Reply #8 on: 13 / December / 2009, 11:41:00 »
tkeeg,
using MS Word may not be a good way to save the file, use notepad, you need to save as a plain text file.
Make sure the file is name.txt or name.bas (not name.bas.txt windows can do stupid things).

To load the script
Start the camera, use the print button to go into Alt mode, if you don't see the menu (depending how you start the camera) use Menu button to bring up the CHDK menu.
find the scripting / load file option and select the file (as you did).
Then, exit the menu (Menu button again).

At this point you are still in <Alt> mode, you should now see "Ultra Intervelometer" at the bottom of the screen.

Press Shutter to start, when you want to stop press Shutter again.
Hope this is clear, good luck
OldGit.
SX200 IS-100C

Offline tkeeg

« Reply #9 on: 15 / December / 2009, 01:23:20 »
Hello OldGit,
I was tied up the past day and a half and just got back onto the computer tonight.  I wanted to thank you for all your help.  I finally have it working properly now!
Best Regards,
Tom