Yet another new version. If your current version works fine for you, there's no need to upgrade. Also, you'll probably need to upgrade your CHDK to use this new version, because:This version uses ubasic commands currently only available in recent juciphox builds, which even more recently became the mainstrem CHDK flavour, see this thread: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,2297.msg21224.html#msg21224.
I repeat: this new MDFB version requires a shiny new version of CHDK.
If you are using an older build, use an older MDFB version.
The script is attached to this message. If you can't see the download link, you need to log in to this forum.
This version has only been tested on a570is, and quite briefly. It would be nice to get some test feedback at least from an S2/S3 user, an S5/TX1 user and a Digic II propset ixus or A series user.
- Now requires the new CHDK juciphox-allbest-trunk version, build 509 or higher (if your CHDK is older than September 14th 2008,
it is likely not compatible).
- No more separate versions for the two propsets (Digic II/III) thanks to the new universal commands replacing get_prop commands. Models with a separate video button still have their own version. Each version now outputs an error if you try the wrong one.
- For models with no video button, video/still mode is now autodetected from mode dial position and thus the still photo/video parameter has been removed.
- Added commands to release shoot_half after taking a photo. This fixes operation on IXUS750 and IXUS55, likely some others as well. On most cameras releasing shoot_full was sufficient, but apparently not for all. This change shouldn't break anything and it doesn't slow the script down (it adds 10 ms to post-still-shoot operation (not reaction time), but the propcase wait loop is probably equally shorter now, so re-arm is probably just as fast as it was before).
- Ends immediately if attempted to run in play mode.
(And before PhyrePhox asks: Yes, there's still two versions even though the video button can be (and is) tested by the script. The video button models still need a script argument for choosing still/video mode. I don't want it shown in other cameras as it would confuse users since it's actually autodetected but AFAIK I can't remove it using script commands).