Motion Detection w/ Customizable Detection Regions - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Motion Detection w/ Customizable Detection Regions

• 18 Replies
Motion Detection w/ Customizable Detection Regions
« on: 10 / February / 2008, 17:10:56 »
Advertisements
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 11:44:10 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
Re: Motion Detection w/ Customizable Detection Regions
« Reply #1 on: 10 / February / 2008, 17:35:56 »
funny, just yesterday i thought of a feature like that. nice script.
Now I need to add a simple method without slowing down the shoot routine, to take images only when there's NO activity, so everyone can wave at the camera and have it take a shot only when everyone stands still and smiles. Then it will be "all-purpose"
good idea!

and i bet we're coming closer to realize a small video game you can play using the MD, like i suggested jokingly a few months back :D

« Reply #2 on: 10 / February / 2008, 17:45:01 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 11:44:33 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #3 on: 10 / February / 2008, 18:20:26 »
Laser Tag with cameras? :)

no actually i meant POLL: Most useful features but laser tag also is a great idea, and should be implemented very easily, without even the use of modifying CHDK.
here's the setup:
two players, having a canon hacked camera nailed (not actually nailed, u know) to their chest, armed with.... tadaa - REMOTE CONTROLS! the cameras should have Infrared Filters on them (so the visible light is blocked) and motion detection running. Also the flash setting should be set to "always flash". this way you will see when you have "shot" an opponent.
come to think of it, this works in theory and also should work practically (IF you have strong IR-diodes in your remotecontrols.and maybe teamed with a laserbeam so u actually see where u are aiming).
« Last Edit: 10 / February / 2008, 18:22:41 by phyrephox »

« Reply #4 on: 10 / February / 2008, 18:41:34 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 11:44:53 by Barney Fife »

« Reply #5 on: 11 / February / 2008, 20:23:12 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 11:45:11 by Barney Fife »

« Reply #6 on: 19 / February / 2008, 07:32:59 »
I have a question about md scripts. I'm new to the CHDK, and I'm not good at scripting ect. The problem is that all scripts that I used seem to work odd: I have a620 with special build recommended in this thread and when I'm using MD lightningB3 my camera shoots sth like 3-4 pics without any motion in front of it and turns off; same happend with MD lightning9 + allbest #33 build.

What can I do to make it work properly?

Offline Coutts

• www.flickr.com/couttsphotog
    • Flickr
« Reply #7 on: 19 / February / 2008, 19:36:43 »
anybody thought about using flash? wouldnt a flash picture be quicker? just pondering that...
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr

« Reply #8 on: 19 / February / 2008, 23:08:50 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 11:45:35 by Barney Fife »

« Reply #9 on: 19 / February / 2008, 23:10:05 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 11:45:54 by Barney Fife »