Can't open/view CRW files HELP!!!! - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Can't open/view CRW files HELP!!!!

• 6 Replies
Can't open/view CRW files HELP!!!!
« on: 27 / July / 2010, 05:55:34 »
Advertisements
Hi,

I've installed CHDK on my Canon SX120 Abir is and I can not process the CRW files. These files are 15 MB something will.

Do I have to do some conversion?. Someone has gone through this camera?

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: Can't open/view CRW files HELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 27 / July / 2010, 07:12:47 »
Hello & welcome, jack_sp !

I can not process the CRW files.

Pls. read the sticky threads here: RAW Shooting & Processing.
I suggest to enable the CHDK DNG support, most imaging software can work with the DNG format: --> Enable DNG format

...and pls. do not double post (*;)

« Reply #2 on: 27 / August / 2010, 13:13:36 »
Hi!

I used this sx120is-100b-0.9.9-912-full on my sx120 camera and when saved in raw, see just white picture on my computer.
Can you send me that chdk ver. wich woring in raw file.
gyula.stefan@hotmail.com
Thank you!

« Reply #3 on: 28 / August / 2010, 19:05:03 »
There is a free program called Irfanview, that will read the .crw files.  Google it.

« Reply #4 on: 03 / October / 2010, 01:32:05 »
Yes I am having the same exact problem. I can use the DNG in the future, but I need to process the CRW files I took today. I really dunno what the holdup is with the SX120is DCRAW support. Hopefully they are reading this forum and will get moving. Myself (and the OP) have important photos that need processing!

« Reply #5 on: 03 / October / 2010, 01:33:56 »
Hello & welcome, jack_sp !

I can not process the CRW files.

Pls. read the sticky threads here: RAW Shooting & Processing.
I suggest to enable the CHDK DNG support, most imaging software can work with the DNG format: --> Enable DNG format

...and pls. do not double post (*;)

But that still doesn't help with the 50 or so IMPORTANT .crw landscape shots I took today. And I've already tried DNG4PS..no luck converting them, they wont even appear in the menu.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #6 on: 03 / October / 2010, 01:57:44 »
You can add new camera definitions to DNG4PS, see http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,5562.msg53834.html#msg53834 for example.

It's up to you to ensure that you have a usable workflow before taking "important" pictures that depend on it, especially when using an experimental, unfinished port.

The stickies in the raw forum should give you enough information to understand the situation.
Don't forget what the H stands for.