SD1000 ISO Settings Error - page 3 - AllBest's Builds - CHDK Forum  

SD1000 ISO Settings Error

• 30 Replies
Re: SD1000 ISO Settings Error
« Reply #20 on: 08 / March / 2008, 03:11:43 »
Advertisements
About the Noise it's heavy above ISO 1600. Notice I didn't manipulate the Files in any Way.
IMG_1596.JPG and CRW_1596.CRW is ISO 1000 from Test 1.
The other Files are from Test 2 ISO 3200 - ISO 25600
hi, quietschi!
Unfortunately your examples don't show us changing of lighting because in your photos we see different values of av and tv. Therefore we can't do any conclusions. I did this tests in manual and priorities modes with overrides when all of this values was fixed! I'll correct scripts to take into account this circumstances
MOST interesting ... GrAnd's original set_iso_dangerous command in an experimental build long ago would allow me to tweak the ISO far above and below anything that Allbest's build would do, ....
(now... where did I put that build with set_iso_dangerous in it so I can confirm this is true on the S3 too  .... )
Hi, Barn!
First two scripts uses algorithm of set_iso_dangerous. You can try it. Additionaly you can simply use command set_prop 21 100 (set_prop 21 250 and so on). It is full analogous of set_iso_dangerous. 21 prop. case is for s3

« Last Edit: 08 / March / 2008, 03:37:37 by Allbest »

« Reply #21 on: 08 / March / 2008, 08:26:08 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 12:42:40 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline ixus

• SD1000/IXUS70
« Reply #22 on: 09 / March / 2008, 20:38:56 »
Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner. I've been busy lately. I'll try to post some info sometime this week.

Offline quietschi

• Ixus70 102a
« Reply #23 on: 10 / March / 2008, 05:00:33 »
Hi Allbest

Theres an error in your script set_ndfilter 2 has to be changed to set_nd_filter 2 to work.
  set_tv96 480
  set_av96 288
  set_ndfilter 2

I will make another set of test today and then i will upload files again.

cheers quietschi

« Reply #24 on: 11 / March / 2008, 04:44:20 »
Thanks for the tip Allbest, but set_prop 21 does absolutely nothing on my camera using your builds. I'll still have to see if I can find that old GrAnd build to test this (or a pre Allbest one). This might lead to why very high and very low ISOs sometimes work or not.
Hi, Barn!
Here you can download version with set_iso_dangerous : Index of /hdk/
How does this command work?
Code: [Select]
void shooting_set_iso_direct(int v)
{
    short int vv = v;
    _SetPropertyCase(21, &vv, sizeof(vv));
}

That's all

Nobody's ever clarified, nor have I investigated the differences in these uBASIC commands of yours, perhaps you could clarify:
"set_iso_mode", the installation of a regime ISO.
"set_iso_real" Direct installation ISO. It works similar to the installation of the ISO interface CHDK
"set_iso" see "set_iso_mode (compatibility)
"set_iso_mode"="set_iso" is equivalent of choosing ISO from firmware interface (0=AUTO, (-1)=AUTOHI, 80=80, 100=100 and so on).
It works in limits of standart user interface of firmware. I.e. you can't set ISO value of 150 for example
The Command "set_iso_real" operates with arbitrary "real" ISO. E.g. "set_iso_real 123" sets ISO of 123. It is desirable to use this command in AUTO(HI) ISO mode (it will be more correct). This command is equivalent of CHDK ISO override

« Last Edit: 11 / March / 2008, 07:03:28 by Allbest »

Offline mkmenuts

• SD700 (1.01b)
« Reply #25 on: 17 / March / 2008, 10:24:22 »
Is there a way to find out the "native" ISO number of any camera? I want this number (w/o analog pull and push) to be used most often by my camera...

« Reply #26 on: 17 / March / 2008, 14:57:36 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 12:43:05 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline jetzt

• [A710IS,(SD200)]
« Reply #27 on: 17 / March / 2008, 16:19:08 »
iso 6400:
normal again with proper color balance but with the same luminosity as ISO800

Does that mean It is even brighter?
Or is it as dark as iso 800? ::
It's probably rolling over on a bit count or something

Sorry for the stupid questions, but here my english leaves me. ()

Shall I test that set_iso_dangerous on A710? Is there some risk ("dangerous")?

MFG jetzt

Offline ixus

• SD1000/IXUS70
« Reply #28 on: 17 / March / 2008, 20:13:52 »
Hi Allbest,

Ok, read your post (Reply #14), about 4 times, and it's still over my head. (I don't know how good your english is, sorry for the idioms)

As you understand your script changes fixed ISO_MODE  before shoot. After half press of the shutter release button (in time of execution shoot command in the script or "press "shoot_half" command correspondingly) camera firmware calculates exposure and sets values of av and tv because it knows about current iso before shoot

Right. If I were to set the ISO manually by original camera firmware, it would result in the same thing. Camera would know ISO before shoot.

What override engine does when it sets ISO? It sets value of SV and other adjoining parameters AFTER camera has compute exposure!

:blink: You set ISO after exposure? Isn't exposure based on ISO? Shouldn't you set ISO then compute? Very confused....

Moreover we have no possibility  to set PROPCASE_ISO_MODE in limits of override engine because it has no any effect for current shoot.

Hmm... You can't set Propcase from CHDK? That is, when I select ISO override in menu, just change the ISO_Mode prop case. This should be possible. How does the script engine do it?

We can do it ONLY via script engine

:blink: Doesn't CHDK run the script engine? So, CHDK should be able to do everything script engine does.

And I doubt that ixus70 has more best results!

I can confirm that ISO3200 via propcase #149 works perfectly. Right white balance, etc. ISO6400 has green hue, but works. I get a overall brighter picture with faster shutter speeds. Any other values between 6400 and 1600 has purple hue.

Can you upload examples? 400 800 1600 3200 6400 in RAW format?

9mb RAW files are a pain, I can post JPG's on this forum if it would help.

Thanks for the help Allbest.

« Reply #29 on: 18 / March / 2008, 00:54:03 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 12:43:35 by Barney Fife »