the collaborative CHDK build - page 24 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

the collaborative CHDK build

• 249 Replies

Offline fudgey

• a570is
Re: the collaborative CHDK build
« Reply #230 on: 09 / October / 2008, 09:10:12 »
Advertisements
wim: "tar xvfz" for .tar.gz or .tgz and "tar xvfj" for .tar.bz2

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
« Reply #231 on: 09 / October / 2008, 10:25:15 »
@fudgey

i never doubted that a simple param change would cure it, but was just pointing out
possible confusion for windows users (read: me :D) about the page

now all i need to find out is what can be safely trimmed from the cygwin tree ...
i found that /tmp (which takes up ~70% of the ~ 1 Gb) was only
used for updating binutils & gcc and can be emptied (except for chdk of course)
That leaves about 260 Mb (excluding chdk) for the kit, can anything else be
safely removed ?

TIA,

wim

« Reply #232 on: 09 / October / 2008, 10:50:57 »
@whim:

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, you are right, after you are finished building and installing GCC, you can clear out those directories in /tmp. I certainly didn't try build for minimal size, but rather minimal effort. My personal install of Cygwin has a *lot* more stuff installed, and I am not sure that the default set is and what might be removed. The Cygwin webpage indicates that by default it is the minimal set of packages needed to have a working environment, so I dunno.

Using Cygwin to build an app for people to consume is usually less than ideal because of the amount of cruft needed. However, I was going for quick and dirty.. I'll see if I can do the same with a MinGW install (I've actually never used *actual* MinGW but rather -mno-cygwin, which is quite different and doesn't work for these tools..)

-Scott

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
« Reply #233 on: 09 / October / 2008, 11:33:19 »
@geekmug

that would be fantastic ! I suppose the original devkit for windows was set up to
provide both native win32 and arm-elf cross-compilation support, and then
tweaked to have both work with a single path variable {somewhere}/gcc/bin

it would IMHO be extremely useful to have a ready made dev kit for windows users
AND a page such as yours explaining how to build it, so it could be maintained
comfortably.

meanwhile i'll see if i can get the compiler shell working on this cygwin beasty ...

wim

Offline reyalp

« Reply #234 on: 24 / October / 2008, 01:22:30 »
a couple more commits:
stat and utime for lua preliminary lua iolib and oslib port
propcase table for lua, based on fudgeys work here End script in Lua

I've changed the second one around a bit:
the propset #defines are now each moved into their own .h file (include/propsetN.h)
platform.h includes these as needed, so existing code is unaffected.
the build process uses the propsetN.h files to generate lua files CHDK/LUALIB/GEN/propsetN.lua
LUALIB/propcase.lua is a tiny module for end user scripts which loads the appropriate propset table. If a few propcases are different for specific cameras, we can fix them up there.

Splitting it into one module for each propset both makes generating them simpler, and saves some runtime resources for end user scripts.

All of the requires a simply return a table, rather than setting a lua global, so you use it by doing something like
Code: (lua) [Select]
props=require("propcase")
tv=get_prop(props.TV)
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #235 on: 24 / October / 2008, 08:23:09 »
nice!
maybe we also have this requirement: flag some props as read-only or as RW. would make debugging easier if people who dont know the property page in the wiki try to set some props that cannot be written (or can be written, but dont effect the camera), know what i mean?
in ubasic i circumvent this via get_ and set_ - if there is no set_ command for a propcase, well, then you prolly cant set it. (reminds me of the fact that i need to add some more commands, like set_flash_mode for example).

Offline reyalp

« Reply #236 on: 25 / October / 2008, 03:19:23 »
542: fix for LUA script gives bogus error messages committed.

There are several other places this is a potential issue. Script and CFG file manipulation come to mind.

543: possible fixes for 0000025: Error while loading LUA script. - CHDK Bugtracker and Bug Reports against Recent Builds  --  Report bugs here

544:
* fix some more unsafe read()s in conf.c
* use stdio compatible Fut interface everywhere (note this means existing uses of fopen etc take a FILE *, not that everything has been converted to fopen instead of open)
* add islower (will need for lua strlib)
* fix memory info lang item
« Last Edit: 26 / October / 2008, 05:10:38 by reyalp »

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #237 on: 27 / October / 2008, 04:27:28 »
hi folks, i split the current discussion about gcc and the like to a new topic. please tell me if i missed a post or otherwise did something wrong.
i probably should rename this thread as well, since "collaborative chdk" is not really up to date anymore.
what about if we create a thread thats solely for discussion about latest svn check-ins? dunno. you tell me, please.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #238 on: 28 / October / 2008, 02:58:15 »
Added get_mode to lua. It returns three values: bool is_record, bool is_video, number mode

example attached

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #239 on: 28 / October / 2008, 05:28:52 »
uhm, the example doesnt work here. is it supposed to run in a specific folder?
this is what i see in the console ALL the time:
:56: attempt to call global 'get_mode' (a nil value)