Help: lost "Firmware update" menu after battery accident - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Help: lost "Firmware update" menu after battery accident

• 3 Replies

cybercsaug

Help: lost "Firmware update" menu after battery accident
« on: 05 / August / 2010, 21:47:19 »
Advertisements
Was so excited to install CHDK that I did my first try as soon as unpacked my newly bought S90. Things went well at first and I saw "Firmware update" menu in playback mode and confirmed the upgrade. Sadly the battery died suddenly and I had to recharged it. After I just can't see the menu anymore! Tried everything I thought of (using camera to re-format the card, copying a fresh copy of CHDK to the card again, resetting camera settings to factory default etc.) but ended up w/ no luck.

One of my guesses is the camera checks the version number of PS.FI2 on SD card and then decides whether to show "Firmware update" so CHDK's PS.FI2 must have a higher version number  than the stock one (1.01c in my case). But did it write its version number somewhere in the camera during loading? Is that the reason of  "Firmware update" not being shown anymore coz the camera thought it has the latest firmware already?

Really want to be able to manually start up CHDK as needed. Any hint/help would be much appreciated!

Benchmark test not working
« Reply #1 on: 05 / August / 2010, 22:08:22 »
Hi everyone,

Does anyone had problems with the benchmark test? What I am suposed to see on the display after selecting the test? I am asking because on my Canon SX200 I only see a white screen after selecting the benchmark test. Nothing happens!

- Canon SX200 IS firmware 1.00D
- CHDK build 0.9.9-915

TKS
SX200 IS - 1.00D

Weird error with script
« Reply #2 on: 06 / August / 2010, 19:06:55 »
I wrote a script to make the LEDs go on, but for some reason it won't work. The error message I get is:

endsleep(1000)for i=
0,9 do set_led(i,0) end
:1: unexpected symbol nea
r '@'

The musical notes weren't originally there (just the weird block symbol) but I converted it to DOS line endings (CR/LF) to see if that would help, and it didn't. Here's the script's code:

Code: (lua) [Select]
@title LED Test

for i=0,9 do set_led(i,1) end
sleep(1000)
for i=0,9 do set_led(i,0) end

It looks fine in the text file reader, btw.

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: Help: lost "Firmware update" menu after battery accident
« Reply #3 on: 30 / October / 2010, 07:41:48 »
@flarn2006

Did you save the file with unicode encoding ?
Make sure the script file is a plain text file, use ANSI encoding, NOT unicode...