IXUS 130 (SD1400 IS) Porting Thread - page 12 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

IXUS 130 (SD1400 IS) Porting Thread

• 288 Replies

Offline emlyn

Re: IXUS 130 (SD1400 IS) Porting Thread
« Reply #110 on: 25 / November / 2010, 17:27:51 »
Advertisements
FWIW, we call this the viewport. There are several functions in lib.c used to get the frame buffer address in various situations.

OK. In the reference code I did notice one (commented out) function that returned one of two addresses depending on the value of some memory location. Maybe the IXUS 130 needs something like this, but I'm not sure how to find out. I'll look at some other cameras to get some ideas.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #111 on: 25 / November / 2010, 17:39:28 »
In my experience, not having vid_get_viewport_live_fb doesn't cause incorrect zebra or edge overlay. You just get a slightly older version of the buffer, which only really matters for MD.

vid_get_viewport_fb_d is for playback mode, AFAIK. Not having this might give incorrect results.

In my ports (D10, SD990) I've try to comment how I found specific addresses, usually with which sub the address was found in, and how the sub was identified. Some of these are pretty cryptic, but they may help you find the equivalent code.

Not sure what's up with your badpixel
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline emlyn

« Reply #112 on: 26 / November / 2010, 04:24:14 »
In my ports (D10, SD990) I've try to comment how I found specific addresses, usually with which sub the address was found in, and how the sub was identified. Some of these are pretty cryptic, but they may help you find the equivalent code.
Thanks, I'll have a look at them.

Not sure what's up with your badpixel
It turns out it was a bad badpixels file. I had generated it a while ago, it must have been before the raw dimensions were set correctly.

There is quite a bit of chromatic aberration, particularly towards the edges: , but it seems to be about the same in the JPG. There is also quite significant barrel distortion, and this is not present in the JPG. I don't have much experience with raw, so I'm not sure whether this is normal or not.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #113 on: 26 / November / 2010, 16:11:35 »
There is quite a bit of chromatic aberration, particularly towards the edges: , but it seems to be about the same in the JPG. There is also quite significant barrel distortion, and this is not present in the JPG. I don't have much experience with raw, so I'm not sure whether this is normal or not
This is normal for newer cameras, canon does a lot of correction in software to make the jpeg look good. It is possible to do the same corrections in your raw workflow.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline emlyn

« Reply #114 on: 03 / December / 2010, 18:14:36 »
I haven't done too much with this recently. I've rearranged my repository a bit to make updating from the main svn repository easier, and I've updated to the most recent revision.

I tried enabling PTP, and compiled the version of ptpcam I found here (modifying paths in Makefile and providing my own byteswap.h), but everything I try just says "unexpected return code 0xNNNN" and nothing happens.

I also noticed a problem when browsing the photos in playback mode. The zoom in/out does not work properly: when I try, the red led goes on for 4 or 5 seconds, and nothing else happens. If I push the zoom 4 times in quick succession then I can zoom into the picture. This is not in alt mode, so I don't think CHDK should be interfering with the keyboard, but it is doing something.

Offline psc

« Reply #115 on: 05 / December / 2010, 08:46:49 »
I also noticed a problem when browsing the photos in playback mode. The zoom in/out does not work properly:
In my camera it is working properly: I just need to push the buttons once to zoom in/out.

On the contrary, I was trying to use the remote option (I'm mostly interested in the SDM project), but it seems that the 3 V provided by a small Cr1632 are not enough to trigger the shutter....

Offline emlyn

« Reply #116 on: 05 / December / 2010, 16:53:34 »
In my camera it is working properly: I just need to push the buttons once to zoom in/out.
I just tried again and it's now working properly, if it happens again I'll try to make a note of what I did before and see if it's reproducible...

On the contrary, I was trying to use the remote option (I'm mostly interested in the SDM project), but it seems that the 3 V provided by a small Cr1632 are not enough to trigger the shutter....
I've only tried so far by plugging into a PC, which worked. I might try cutting up a USB cable and connecting it to a variable PSU to see at what voltage it triggers.

Offline psc

« Reply #117 on: 07 / December / 2010, 07:41:57 »
I tried with the PSU and the shutter triggers at 3.3V.
Now I can buy a second camera ans start doing some 3D stuff  :)

Offline psc

« Reply #118 on: 09 / December / 2010, 16:21:09 »
I downloaded the code of the SDM branch, and I was searching the forum to see what are the differences with the main chdk build, when I found that:

Does anyone know what is involved to get from the chdk build to the Stereo Data Maker build?

Yes, me having the time to do it   :)

Once the S95 source is uploaded to 'trunk' I will be able to start work on it.

Quite a few people seem interested in a SDM build for the S95.

David

emlyn, what do you think you still need to relase a beta version?  :)

Offline emlyn

« Reply #119 on: 10 / December / 2010, 10:47:14 »
I'm not sure what state is considered good enough to get added to the official chdk trunk. There are still quite a few remaining issues, but then again there are also quite a few things working that people might find useful. I don't think I'll have much time to work on this before January, so I wouldn't count on it happening until then, unless there is very little work needed.

I think the main remaining issues are:
* Zebra is not working at all
* PTP is not working
* Overrides are not well tested, some probably don't work
* Scripting is not yet well tested, there are probably lots of things not working there
* Fast motion detection is slow, but I think it might be because vid_get_viewport_live_fb (in platform/xxx/sub/yyy/lib.c) is not implemented yet (if anyone has some hints how to implement it they would be very welcome).
* Cosmetics:
  - menu is overwritten by Canon firmware very often in record mode.
  - colour palette is not ideal (but there are very few colours available - in playback mode only greys and oranges)
  - ALT-mode button disables the native DISP function, it would be nice to differentiate between long and short presses (I think I have seen some other cameras do that).
* Probably more things that I have forgotten, or don't even know about yet...