Most likely fixed: IXUS i Zoom saving DNG/RAW fails - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

Most likely fixed: IXUS i Zoom saving DNG/RAW fails

• 2 Replies

Offline koshy

Most likely fixed: IXUS i Zoom saving DNG/RAW fails
« on: 24 / July / 2014, 06:56:09 »
Advertisements
When trying to save JPEG and DNG/RAW into the same folder using IXUS i Zoom with CHDK ixusizoom_sd30-100g-1.2.0-3524 I get a "DNG/RAW disabled" notice after the first shot and no DNG/RAW file. When I set the camera to shoot RAW into its own folder the camera crashed. ROMLOG is attached.
CHDK ixusizoom_sd30-100g-1.3.0-3540 gives the same notice but did not crasha first.  Still no DNGs with it either. I reset the cam to factory defaults and set my stuff up again. Trying again I got CHDK 1.3 to crash, too so there's a second ROMLOG.
« Last Edit: 28 / July / 2014, 18:06:39 by koshy »
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline koshy

Re: Bug Report? IXUS i Zoom saving DNG/RAW fails
« Reply #1 on: 25 / July / 2014, 17:00:38 »
Another thing that didn't register with me initially was that after taking the photo I saw a video bitrate display with all 0s along with the DNG disabled message. The new CHDK nafraf supplied in another thread showed the same effect. I'm attaching a picture of the screen after taking the first photo.

Interestingy I had an intuition. After turning the camera on I switched to video mode and shot a video, or maybe I even powered up in video mode and shot one. After switching back to photography mode I could shoot DNGs. Turning the camera on/off didn't change the fact.

So I took a clean SD card and put the original CHDK 1.2 onto it. Also took the battery out of the camera. The problem was back. OK, back to the SD card with nafraf's new 1.3 build. Problem was still back. I shot a video, the problem stayed, powered on in video mode and shot a video - nothing. One photo shot same bitrate output and NO DNG warning as in my picture. Eventually I switched to play mode and then to photo mode and from that point it worked again. Even when I tured the camera off in between.

O.k. Battery out again and back in. It kept working. Not CHDK 1.3 related?

Battery out again. CHDK 1.2 card back in which crashed at shooting a photo on three subsequent tries. There I decided that I had seen enough. Battery out again. nafraf's CHDK 1.3 back in which worked without any odd trick this time.

Bottom line: CHDK ixusizoom_sd30-100g-1.2.0-3524 doesn't work with this camera.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline koshy

Re: Bug Report? IXUS i Zoom saving DNG/RAW fails
« Reply #2 on: 25 / July / 2014, 17:04:14 »
Too happy, too early. I continued with the DNG sequence shooting test (without waiting for AF) shot four DNGs and on the fifth the above problem was back on the CHDK 1.3.
Plain camera on / camera off fixed it this time.

EDIT: nafraf probably fixed this while we were working on the IXUS i Zoom in another thread.
« Last Edit: 28 / July / 2014, 18:06:00 by koshy »