Are there any scripts that can write Exif/IPTC data as the file is created/saved - Script Writing - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Are there any scripts that can write Exif/IPTC data as the file is created/saved

• 3 Replies
Advertisements
As I fill in quite a few of these fields after downloading the images, especially fields like the copyright ones, are there any scripts which would either alter what the camera automatically saves, or as a new file is created effectively open it add the extra data then save it?

You might want to look at this. 

http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=4533.msg72106#msg72106

Depending on your coding skills,  it should be straight forward to extend / modify that to do what you need.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline reyalp

As I fill in quite a few of these fields after downloading the images, especially fields like the copyright ones, are there any scripts which would either alter what the camera automatically saves, or as a new file is created effectively open it add the extra data then save it?
Note that the owner and copyright may be settable in the stock firmware using Canon utilities.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Waterwingz, I had looked at the Tagme script before  but I'm not certain that I'm up to that level of coding, maybe just have to stick to putting that in after downloading the files.

Thanks for the suggestion reyalp, with the SX40 the canon software lets you set the owner, but that doesn't seem to come through in the appropriate field.