G15 CHDK Issue (video) - page 2 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

G15 CHDK Issue (video)

• 10 Replies

Offline c10ud

Re: G15 CHDK Issue (video)
« Reply #10 on: 11 / May / 2013, 10:59:11 »
Advertisements
make sure you're using chdk release 1.2, some issues have been reported with the older version

which brings the question: being chdk an hack, why keep "stable" release branches?
If you know of bugs which exist in the stable branch but not the trunk, please point them out specifically. Telling to people to just use the unstable is not a helpful solution.

Bugs of this sort should be fixed in the stable branch.

edit: I should add that trying the trunk to see if the bug exists there is certainly a reasonable approach.

waterwingz
Note zebra is not normally intended to operate in video mode. It certainly won't work on old cameras that use a different live view layout in video mode. It would be nice if it *did* work in video mode, but that's another story...
I don't know if there are bugs or some missing function/define (from the posted video it looks like the aspect ratio is messed up somehow), but this already came up in the g15 thread http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=9257.msg100207#msg100207 and switching to trunk worked (not to mention the fact that the development and testing was done against trunk so for someone willing to use chdk on his g15 I don't know about a better solution than that...ofc developers/hackers might choose a different path)