Code to obtain the name of the last image taken (or the next one to be taken) - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Code to obtain the name of the last image taken (or the next one to be taken)

• 2 Replies

Offline zeno

Advertisements
I'm aware that work has been done to find the name of the current playback image (e.g. http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,2026.0.html, but has anyone looked at getting the name of the latest (or next) image in 'record' mode? The camera certainly knows what name it will give to the next image.

If it can't be found by examining memory, I guess the name (or at least the counter that determines the numeric suffix) is in the 'database' on the card - does anyone know how to decode it?
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

Offline reyalp

The raw code already does it.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline zeno

Thanks, I'll take a look (I did a quick browse of it but obviously not carefully enough).

postscript - just what I needed! Strangely the function get_file_next_counter() returns the number of the last shot taken, not the next one (which hasn't been taken yet) - at least on my A570 it does.
« Last Edit: 03 / December / 2008, 09:42:00 by zeno »
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit