change shutter speed during a script? - Script Writing - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

change shutter speed during a script?

• 1 Replies
change shutter speed during a script?
« on: 21 / January / 2009, 16:06:55 »
Advertisements
I use a continuous script with an A550 to photograph the International Space Station while tracking it with a telescope. Is there a way to use button presses (like the zoom switch) to change the shutter speed during a script? If not in continuous mode, then while using a script that repeatedly takes single exposures?

If it's not possible with an A550, would it be possible with another Canon camera?

Re: change shutter speed during a script?
« Reply #1 on: 21 / January / 2009, 16:24:57 »
I use a continuous script with an A550 to photograph the International Space Station while tracking it with a telescope. Is there a way to use button presses (like the zoom switch) to change the shutter speed during a script? If not in continuous mode, then while using a script that repeatedly takes single exposures?

If it's not possible with an A550, would it be possible with another Canon camera?

If you mean manually, the answer is partially yes.  I don't think it could easily be done with a a script that continuously shoots, but you could have a script that pauses between shots to let you change shutter speed, then resume when you tell it to.  (You could maybe even have the script run/shoot continuously until you press a command that tells it to pause.)

-tgq