CHDK PTP interface - page 113 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

CHDK PTP interface

• 1241 Replies
Re: CHDK PTP interface
« Reply #1120 on: 28 / February / 2015, 14:36:11 »
Advertisements
I have another question regarding a different model, the Powershot N. We are considering buying it also for the drone. I have posted a question on the 'Powershot N porting thread' but got no reply
Sorry - I guess that I'm as close as you get to the resident expert on the N as I did the port. However I'm currently traveling without my computer or much access to the internet until the second week of March.

. Does anyone have experience with this camera? i.e. I need to know if it is possible, with 'chdkptp', to:
1) Control the focus (no manual focus in the camera)
2) Control the exposure (no manual mode in the camera)
3) Use it with 'remoteshoot -cont'
I've used the CHDK port for the N extensively with chdkptp. Off hand, I see no reason this will not work. And if it doesn't, we will fix it.  Having said that, i can't remember if MF works - there may be a comment in the poriting thread for the N or the large thread on fixing MF for 1.3.0. (sorry - no links- to hard to do on my mobile device)

If you can wait a week, I can check this properly and get back to you?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #1121 on: 08 / March / 2015, 22:15:31 »
Hi,

Is it possible to set the datetime of the camera (specifically S110) using chdkptp?

Thanks,
Amit

Offline reyalp

« Reply #1122 on: 08 / March / 2015, 23:58:02 »
Is it possible to set the datetime of the camera (specifically S110) using chdkptp?
You can probably do this using event procs. To use event procs, you need "native function calls" in the CHDK miscellaneous menu.

There is an example of how to do this http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=7280.msg97087#msg97087 but beware that event proc names could be different on your camera. In this case, some of the return values will be -1 and the date won't get set. If that happens, we can probably find the correct names.

Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline mk

« Reply #1123 on: 01 / April / 2015, 17:09:28 »
Hello,

I've tried to set the datetime of the camera Canon S110 using event procs as suggested in the previous comment and received -1. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the correct event proc names. Can you help me with that?

Thank you,
Michael

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #1124 on: 01 / April / 2015, 19:46:22 »
I've tried to set the datetime of the camera Canon S110 using event procs as suggested in the previous comment and received -1.
Can you copy and paste the lines from the chdkptp console? Would be useful to know which step failed.

Offline KNEi

• sx230hs
« Reply #1125 on: 14 / May / 2015, 06:37:11 »
Hi!
Is it possible to add in chdkptp something like "onion skin" for making stop motin movies?
Thank's!

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #1126 on: 14 / May / 2015, 09:45:13 »
CHDK has nice function for this task - edge overlay. chdkptp is not absolutely necessary.

=> http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_1.3.0_User_Manual#Edge_Overlay_.28panorama_tool.29

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

Offline KNEi

• sx230hs
« Reply #1127 on: 15 / May / 2015, 09:54:57 »
Thank you! Edge overlay is great thing.
But I still interest of onion skin in chdkptp or make visible canon SX 230 hs in Dragonframe or Stop motion Pro.
But if it is impossible I'll use edge overlay  :)

Offline reyalp

« Reply #1128 on: 15 / May / 2015, 17:21:05 »
Thank you! Edge overlay is great thing.
But I still interest of onion skin in chdkptp or make visible canon SX 230 hs in Dragonframe or Stop motion Pro.
But if it is impossible I'll use edge overlay  :)
There is no feature like this in chdkptp. If you have some programming skill, you might be able to implement it. The live view drawing is mostly done with IUP and CD from Lua, see lua/gui_live.lua. You do not need to re-build chdkptp if you modify the Lua code. You can also interactively execute Lua from the console with the ! command.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline KNEi

• sx230hs
« Reply #1129 on: 16 / May / 2015, 04:14:18 »
I haven't any programmer skills :( But I found a way to make something like onion skin using chdkptp and ghostwin. It's not perfect and takes a lot of time to make 1 photo.
Here photo :)