A3000IS oversaturated DNG - RAW Shooting and Processing - CHDK Forum  

A3000IS oversaturated DNG

• 4 Replies
A3000IS oversaturated DNG
« on: 16 / May / 2015, 08:27:18 »
Advertisements
Hello,

I would like to ask you for help.
Im little confused by result I ve got from Canon A3000IS and DNG. DNG is oversatureted and colors are less natural compared to JPG.

Did I anything wrong? Is there an solution how fix that?

Thanks you

DNG

JPG

Re: A3000IS oversaturated DNG
« Reply #1 on: 16 / May / 2015, 08:36:25 »
The image you see in a DNG is the information as it comes from the camera sensor.  When your camera converts that information into a JPG,  it applies a number of corrections including lens distortion corrections, color adjustments, and others.

With a RAW/DNG image you are not forced to accept the camera's choice of adjustments - you get to make your own.  That's the whole point of using RAW/DNG formats in the first place.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #2 on: 16 / May / 2015, 08:48:10 »
Thanks you for your reply.

This is what I expected, but I didnt expect, that colors will be worst compared to JPG  ::) I thought that it will easier to get accurate colors from DNG.

So... Camera Profile is my way? Im little confused, can you navigate me to an point?

Thanks you

Offline reyalp

« Reply #3 on: 16 / May / 2015, 15:18:56 »
This is what I expected, but I didnt expect, that colors will be worst compared to JPG  ::) I thought that it will easier to get accurate colors from DNG.
What results you get depend entirely on the software and settings you used to convert the DNG. There's no reason to expect some default settings in some raw software to be better than the Canon jpeg. Canon spends a lot of money on engineering to ensure their jpegs look pretty good.

If you don't like the results you are getting from your raw software, use different settings or different software.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #4 on: 17 / May / 2015, 10:22:24 »
Thanks you. I fond solution in updating sw :xmas