script to set zoom ,focus, iso on a3300 - page 3 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

script to set zoom ,focus, iso on a3300

• 28 Replies
Re: script to set zoom ,focus, iso on a3300
« Reply #20 on: 18 / May / 2017, 15:08:42 »
Advertisements
Enhanced Photo Operations
is that change the photo that camera capture or capture with this parameters

if in canon i choose P and not AUTO i can set the iso but if i run the script it automatize go to AUTO so iso value change

« Reply #21 on: 18 / May / 2017, 16:33:05 »
Enhanced Photo Operations
is that change the photo that camera capture or capture with this parameters
The menu items in the Enhanced Photo Operations menu change how the camera captures photos.

if in canon i choose P and not AUTO i can set the iso but if i run the script it automatize go to AUTO so iso value change
On the A3300, you choose P mode using the mechanical mode dial on the top of the camera.  I don't understand how a script could change the position of that dial to AUTO ?

Note : I've attached a version of the script with the focus code removed.  The script only sets zoom position now.
« Last Edit: 18 / May / 2017, 16:35:38 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #22 on: 18 / May / 2017, 23:16:40 »
« Last Edit: 20 / June / 2017, 12:27:17 by Konos Kosmas »

« Reply #23 on: 20 / June / 2017, 12:26:45 »
used the last lua only with the set zoom .had the cameras on my diybookscanner.

the only problem that i have

""You can go back into <ALT> and the CHDK menu by pressing the ALT key and then the MENU key.""

if i run auto_on lua i press play button alt it just restarts set the zoom in a specific scale and doesn't show chdk menu.how can this change?

i formatted the sd card and reinstall chdk . when i get in chdk i press <ALT> it shows that it runs  default script  and then MENU and go to chdk menu . is that possible to get in chdk menu if i press FACE button and MENU and if i press <ALT> button i run any script?
« Last Edit: 20 / June / 2017, 19:17:30 by Konos Kosmas »

« Reply #24 on: 20 / June / 2017, 19:51:19 »
text of deleted post :
it is perfect ,actually more than perfect.

i used for first time scripts while i have scanned with this cameras for 3 months.
maybe i will take  photography more seriously .

sir n madams of chdk communtity from my heart honestly thanks .you are all kind and helpful .
chdk rules and its awesome  :D :D :D

if i run auto_on lua i press play button alt it just restarts set the zoom in a specific scale and doesn't show chdk menu.how can this change?
I'm not sure that I understand what you are doing here. If you describe things in simple steps it would help.  Something like this:
  • I start the camera by pressing the play button.
  • CHDK is configured so that the auto_on script runs automatically when the camera starts
  • When the auto_on script finishes, it exits CHDK.  I do not see the <ALT> symbol at the bottom of the screen and the camera behaves like a regular camera with out CHDK
  • What do I press so that I can again see the <ALT> symbol and activate the CHDK menu
This is my best guess about what you are describing.  Please correct the description as necessary?

i formatted the sd card and reinstall chdk . when i get in chdk i press <ALT> it shows that it runs  default script  and then MENU and go to chdk menu . is that possible to get in chdk menu if i press FACE button and MENU and if i press <ALT> button i run any script?
You can configure CHDK so that when you press the <ALT> button, a script runs. But when you do that, there is no way to enter <ALT> without the script running first.  Your idea of using two buttons - one to enter <ALT>  and the other to enter <ALT> and then have a script run automatically is a good one.  But there is no current way to do that - the core CHDK code would need to be changed for that to happen. And there would be many problems on cameras with a limited number of available buttons to make that feature a standard option in CHDK.

« Reply #25 on: 20 / June / 2017, 21:18:02 »
ok i will try .

1 i start the camera by pressing the play button.
2 chdk starts .
3 press again the play button .
4 auto_on lua starts
5 i try to access on chdk menu pressing play button and then the menu .
6 auto_on lua starts again
7 i cant access on chdk menu .

is there any way if i press something like two or three button to get back in default settings ?some way to secure that in any case script ends and  i can have access in chdk menu  ?

the problems became when i wanted to change from electric trigger to use again piscan on raspebery pi. i couldn't synchronize that .

i think that i will use  sd cards witch have  auto_on lua and some witch only chdk  or i will try to open auto _on lua in a txt editor type something the file and save with different name.

« Reply #26 on: 20 / June / 2017, 21:18:35 »
sorry for my english thanks for the help

« Reply #27 on: 21 / June / 2017, 09:50:00 »
1 i start the camera by pressing the play button.
2 chdk starts .
3 press again the play button .
4 auto_on lua starts
5 i try to access on chdk menu pressing play button and then the menu .
6 auto_on lua starts again
7 i cant access on chdk menu .
I think I understand now.  Each time you press the Play key to enter CHDK <ALT> mode, your auto_on.lua script autoruns and it exits ALT when it finishes.   So you can't get into ALT mode and access the CHDK menus?

is there any way if i press something like two or three button to get back in default settings ? some way to secure that in any case script ends and  i can have access in chdk menu  ?
Yes there is.  If you immediately fully press the shutter button when you see the script start, the script will stop.  You will still be in CHDK <ALT> mode at that point and can access the CHDK menus.

I think I know what the problem is here.  In the CHDK Script menu,  you have the Autostart menu item set to [ ALT ].  This will make the script run each time you enter ALT.  If you only need to the script to run when you first turn the camera on,  change the menu item choice to [ On ].

sorry for my english thanks for the help
No problem.  We all speak "technology" here.

« Reply #28 on: 22 / June / 2017, 04:35:18 »
Yes there is.  If you immediately fully press the shutter button when you see the script start, the script will stop.  You will still be in CHDK <ALT> mode at that point and can access the CHDK menus.

I think I know what the problem is here.  In the CHDK Script menu,  you have the Autostart menu item set to [ ALT ].  This will make the script run each time you enter ALT.  If you only need to the script to run when you first turn the camera on,  change the menu item choice to [ On ].

worked fine thanks