IXUS 1000 HS Porting Thread

• 440 Replies

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: IXUS 1000 HS Porting Thread
« Reply #220 on: 28 / December / 2010, 08:53:22 »
Advertisements
i try to load that in windows badpixel pro.
Why  >:( ?

--> Forget "badpixel pro"; use the show_bad / show_bad_b tools !
     Maybe you'll have to adapt the code to your camera/sensor dimensions - the sources are included in the
     zip archives, you can build them with CHDK-Shell's cmd prompt...

--> Use a correct RAW file from your camera, not a DNG !

« Reply #221 on: 28 / December / 2010, 10:47:00 »
I find now the Problem with the console output.
seem the strcat function do not work correct.
see testcode below.

when use original code with strcat

sprintf(osd_buf, "cur %s", cur);
 draw_txt_string(26, 12, osd_buf, MAKE_COLOR(0xdd,0x6f));

output nothing.

when i use strncpy as in the source then output can see on the console

so seem the function strcat work not ok in IX 1000 Port.can you look at this please ?

in console.c

static void console_add_text(const char *str)
{
    console_ensure_inited();

char *cur;
    int curlen;
    int left;

do
    {
        cur = console_buf[console_line_index(console_line_start + console_num_lines - 1)];
         sprintf(osd_buf, "str %s  %s", cur,str);
 if (cur != 0)draw_txt_string(26, 10, osd_buf, MAKE_COLOR(0xdd,0x6f));
        curlen = strlen(cur);
        left = console_line_length - curlen;
        if(strlen(str) > left)
        {
            strncpy(cur + curlen, str, left);
            cur[console_line_length] = 0;
            console_start_line();
            str += left;
                    sprintf(osd_buf, "cur >left  %s", cur);
 draw_txt_string(26, 11, osd_buf, MAKE_COLOR(0xdd,0x6f));
        }
        else
        {
            //strcat(cur, str);     // does not work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            strncpy(cur,str,console_line_length -1); // quick hack code to get output to console
        sprintf(osd_buf, "cur %s", cur);
 draw_txt_string(26, 12, osd_buf, MAKE_COLOR(0xdd,0x6f));
            break;
        }
    } while(1);
}

@fe50
>Use a correct RAW file from your camera, not a DNG !

i disable dng.
but the crw or cr2 files of IX1000 are wrong, because we find no program, that can show them.only dng mode give something visible.

with badpixel pro its possible to see wy the cr2 file is wrong from IX 1000, because source is here.

@asm1989
>about the color you need to work with the file raw.c and  add a new code for this:

yes i know, but i dont want spend time to search for correct color, because the solution from microfunguy sounds lots better and faster.I better use that code, but nobody have tell where i can find it so i need to wait.

"""""
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=5911.msg58120#msg58120

Just for the record, I have just finished adding a 'save raw image strip' to SDM.

Bad-pixel patching and byte reversal is done on the PC.

Sensor data and DNG header (including white-balance as shot) are saved, in less than one second (for full-size image).

David
""""""

>keyb works better with new file, did you chech other new cams keyb, like sx30, s95, ixus130 and so on?

yes i have look on all, but all camera clear a bit when a key is press.
on what place the keyboard code is hook in i dont so, and if that is diffrent.because i have no asm dump of this firmware.
« Last Edit: 28 / December / 2010, 10:53:27 by Bernd R »
Ixus 1000 HS

Offline reyalp

« Reply #222 on: 28 / December / 2010, 12:21:08 »
>Use a correct RAW file from your camera, not a DNG !

i disable dng.
but the crw or cr2 files of IX1000 are wrong, because we find no program, that can show them.only dng mode give something visible.
If it has the image data in it, it is not "wrong". CHDK raw is always just a sensor dump, not matter what extension you give it. You should not expect other programs to understand it. If you need to look at the data, you can use rawconvert from the tools directory.

with badpixel pro its possible to see wy the cr2 file is wrong from IX 1000, because source is here.
How have you gotten this far without understanding that CR2 extension is not the real CR2 format (or CRW, or AVI or WAV or whatever else you set the extension to ?)

Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #223 on: 28 / December / 2010, 12:30:38 »
@reyalp
>How have you gotten this far without understanding that CR2 extension is not the real CR2 format (or >CRW, or AVI or WAV or whatever else you set the extension to ?)

i thought the badpixel pro is written for chdk, and so it understand the chdk raw files.or wy it should want a file that is not generate from Camera that run chdk.

the last update of this program was juni 2009.so its not so old.
Ixus 1000 HS

Offline asm1989

• SX720, SX260, SX210 & SX200
« Reply #224 on: 28 / December / 2010, 13:21:40 »
I think the problem is with the way chdk processes the raw, becuase with a simple raw, without dng, reading it with dng4ps2
you can allready see that the color is wrong.
@realyp
the chdk crw raw without dng stuff dosnt care about cam_CFAPattern , why then we still have the green channel missing without dng processing?

JPG

CHDK RAW

« Reply #225 on: 28 / December / 2010, 13:50:57 »
i look for dng4ps2 docu

http://code.google.com/p/dng4ps2/wiki/HowToCalculateCM

I think the colormap for the Sensor is miss.Do you send him testfiles, maybe he help us or tell whats wrong ?

But good to hear that you can show crw files.i download and test that too.
Can you tell me how i can do that ?.what settings you use for Camera ?

I can choose a directory of raw (.cr2 file i rename to crw), but the file is not list
« Last Edit: 28 / December / 2010, 14:01:10 by Bernd R »
Ixus 1000 HS

Offline asm1989

« Reply #226 on: 28 / December / 2010, 15:40:47 »
2Bernd R

I copy a profile and change it to theese ixus1000 numbers:

Then in color matrix bellow, select -> cal color matrix ->  and there you can select crw (NOT DNG processed)

But anyway the big problem is not in the color matrix is either in the moisaic type RGGB, matbe other or in way at raw.c the file is saved from the sensor info, maybe the 12 bit distribution here is different
« Last Edit: 28 / December / 2010, 15:43:37 by asm1989 »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #227 on: 28 / December / 2010, 16:27:47 »
I think the problem is with the way chdk processes the raw
CHDK raw format: write(<raw frame buffer>,<file>). No processing involved.

, becuase with a simple raw, without dng, reading it with dng4ps2
you can allready see that the color is wrong.
Your settings in dng4ps must be wrong, or raw buffer layout is different from known cams.

If you take a picture of a dngps calibration image (or anything with some boxes of fairly pure R, G and B) then covert with rawconvert you should be able to see what is going on.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #228 on: 28 / December / 2010, 16:30:02 »
@reyalp
>How have you gotten this far without understanding that CR2 extension is not the real CR2 format (or >CRW, or AVI or WAV or whatever else you set the extension to ?)

i thought the badpixel pro is written for chdk, and so it understand the chdk raw files.or wy it should want a file that is not generate from Camera that run chdk.

Again, CHDK raw is not a format. Any tools have to be updated to understand a camera with a different sensor. There's no meta data to say what size, layout etc.

Offline asm1989

« Reply #229 on: 28 / December / 2010, 16:35:03 »
@realyp
Your settings in dng4ps must be wrong, or raw buffer layout is different from known cams.

If you take a picture of a dngps calibration image (or anything with some boxes of fairly pure R, G and B) then covert with rawconvert you should be able to see what is going on.

Thanks realyp,,

yes one of thes two things, maybe the layout is diferent for this cam because, looking at the asm code seems to be using the RGGB pattern, but maybe the way the 6bytes x 4pixels set is diferent in this cam.

I will try a picture of pure R G B to test out,