CHDK on ELPH 310HS - page 2 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

CHDK on ELPH 310HS

• 13 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: CHDK on ELPH 310HS
« Reply #10 on: 17 / January / 2013, 23:36:10 »
Advertisements
This certainly sounds like the Mac issue mentioned in the FAQ. Perhaps the details have changed with OS version, rather than the entire problem going away.l
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #11 on: 17 / January / 2013, 23:37:10 »
That could totally be the case. I'll do some more research on it. Thanks for your help thus far!

« Reply #12 on: 18 / January / 2013, 00:18:23 »
Okay - It appears to have been the yuck extensions on the mac side - Couldn't get to them with terminal but ran the BlueHarvest app and voila - there was the firm update option -

http://www.zeroonetwenty.com/blueharvest4/

Going to fiddle around some more tomorrow.

Thanks for the suggestion!!!!

Offline zeno

« Reply #13 on: 18 / January / 2013, 04:29:51 »
Chenopup - glad you finally got things working, but I'm puzzled by two things. First, STICK certainly works on Macs - my iMac is my development machine and I have no problem running all my apps on it. In fact STICK runs better there (UI looks nicer and OSX avoids the need to switch partitions or use sudo).

Second, I presume you didn't use ACID to download the build - the 'yuck extensions' problem doesn't happen if you use ACID to extract the files from the zip.

Is the problem that you don't have Java on your Mac?
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit