ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread - page 87 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread

• 899 Replies

Offline nafraf

Re: ELPH300HS aka IXUS220HS - Porting Thread
« Reply #860 on: 04 / June / 2018, 23:33:00 »
Advertisements
Thanks for the report.New version with changes in platform_kbd.h KEY_MASK0 was apparently wrong.

Offline koshy

« Reply #861 on: 05 / June / 2018, 09:55:35 »
Thanks for the report.New version with changes in platform_kbd.h KEY_MASK0 was apparently wrong.
Same effect still present.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline reyalp

« Reply #862 on: 14 / November / 2019, 22:31:39 »
And still present :haha continued from https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=13893.msg141785#msg141785

Yes I meant to imply that by " crashed when CHDK is loaded and USB cable gets plugged in", I should have been more verbose. I tried without CHDK and it does not show any odd behaviour.

I expected as much, but wanted to be sure. Turns out this is an old problem, as you noticed last time around https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6341.msg77822#msg77822

Here's a test build. I don't expect it to work (fixes same keymask issue nafraf and philmoz identified) but also displays some debug info.

Assuming the the problem isn't fixed, try enabling USB remote in CHDK settings and connecting to a PC. If it doesn't crash, the PC should not see it, and the USB value on the display should change from 0 to 1.

edit: now with ∞% more file attachment
« Last Edit: 14 / November / 2019, 22:34:17 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline koshy

« Reply #863 on: 15 / November / 2019, 07:52:31 »
Assuming the the problem isn't fixed, try enabling USB remote in CHDK settings and connecting to a PC. If it doesn't crash, the PC should not see it, and the USB value on the display should change from 0 to 1.
Nope, it's not fixed but what you write works. I see the 1 in USB-Remote mode. If I leave the cable plugged and disable Remote the cam crashes the second I leave ALT mode, so when the change becomes effective. Are values P0 through P2 of relevance to you?
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #864 on: 15 / November / 2019, 11:28:52 »
A couple of things to try.
- What happens if the USB data lines are not connected? You could try either a USB remote cable or an older 5V USB "charger" that's missing the data lines.
- Does it crash when CHDK was started using the "firm update" method on an unlocked card?

Offline koshy

« Reply #865 on: 15 / November / 2019, 11:38:00 »
- Does it crash when CHDK was started using the "firm update" method on an unlocked card?
No... Who'd a thunk it?

EDIT: But that is not because it would work. It displays USB:1 but the PC does not see the camera and CHDKPTP can't connect to it. The camera does switch to play mode upon USB-Cable insertion, after loading CHDK via FW-Update the cam is in rec mode. Switching to play before US-Plug-in changes nothing.
« Last Edit: 15 / November / 2019, 11:46:05 by koshy »

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #866 on: 15 / November / 2019, 11:45:21 »
No...
What about locking a card without CHDK (removing diskboot.bin) and connecting USB?

Offline koshy

« Reply #867 on: 15 / November / 2019, 11:59:21 »
A couple of things to try.
- What happens if the USB data lines are not connected? You could try either a USB remote cable or an older 5V USB "charger" that's missing the data lines.
OK, I have dug out a USB remote cable with button cells to give the 5V. If I use that and Remote is not enabled in CHDK I can briefly depress the shutter button and the camera will go to play and come back out of it. I can depress alittle longer so that I see the USB 1 display in play mode for half a second and it will come out unharmed if I depress and hold it goes to play mode and crashes after like 1 sek. New Romlog attached in case this crashes differently with only power lines and no data lines...

Offline koshy

« Reply #868 on: 15 / November / 2019, 12:03:03 »
What about locking a card without CHDK (removing diskboot.bin) and connecting USB?
No problems. CHDKPTP will connect but since there is no CHDK the PTP versions don't match and nothing wrks, just saying it finds the camera with the LibUSB driver and connects ok.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #869 on: 15 / November / 2019, 13:48:04 »
No... Who'd a thunk it?

EDIT: But that is not because it would work. It displays USB:1 but the PC does not see the camera and CHDKPTP can't connect to it. The camera does switch to play mode upon USB-Cable insertion,
Did you disable USB remote before trying this? USB remote normally disables PTP completely.

after loading CHDK via FW-Update the cam is in rec mode. Switching to play before US-Plug-in changes nothing.
So if you start the camera in playback and firmware update, it switches to rec when the update loads?

With diskboot enabled, does it start in rec if you short press the play or power button?
Don't forget what the H stands for.