Histograms on A650IS - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

Histograms on A650IS

• 3 Replies
Histograms on A650IS
« on: 23 / November / 2008, 05:02:27 »
Advertisements
I am using allbest chdk 0.8.1-586 on a Powershot A650IS.

When histograms from chdk are displayed on the lcd, the graphs are located towards the left bottom.  When multiple histograms are displayed, some of the histograms are cut off at the bottom of the screen.  It seems that chdk does not reposition the histograms so that all the histograms are viewable on the screen.  Is there a setting that fixes this problem?

Offline Hacki

• EOS 80D
Re: Histograms on A650IS
« Reply #1 on: 23 / November / 2008, 05:30:13 »
You can move the histogram up a little.

In the menu "OSD Parameters", select the entry "OSD Layout editor". The histogram gets selected as first item, so all you have to do is press "Up", until the whole histogram is visible. Switching between items (In case you want to customize your osd layout further) is done via the "set" button, leaving the editor by pressing the "menu" button.

« Reply #2 on: 23 / November / 2008, 05:40:48 »
Hacki, thanks for responding to my post.  That was the answer I was looking for.

Are the settings for the OSD parameters such as the above saved in a file on the memory card?
If I customize my display, I would like to save the settings whenever I update chdk.

Offline Hacki

• EOS 80D
« Reply #3 on: 23 / November / 2008, 05:56:28 »
They are saved as "cchdk.cfg" in the directory CHDK/ on your sd card.

To update chdk, you only need to replace the diskboot.bin (and ps.fir in case of an vxworks camera) in the root directory, so all your settings should be still there after an update.