• 106 Replies

Offline srsa_4c

Re: A810 porting thread
« Reply #50 on: 09 / October / 2012, 23:00:20 »
Advertisements
Redo of test with chdk-s1.remcap-a810-2186:
Resolution L, image with more details: file is here
Dump is in attachment.
Please make several pictures in a row: the dump is always saved before the next picture (it's delayed by one, the first is of zero length).

Offline nafraf

« Reply #51 on: 09 / October / 2012, 23:29:22 »
I forgot to comment, using L resolution, the camera shows the message "Memory Card Error" after remote shoot.  If I try to shoot again, camera beeps 4 times, chdkptp locks. After restarting the camera, camera starts normally.
- something is checking the (fake) file descriptor that we return OR
- something is checking the execution time required to open the file OR
- lseek() should return something different
A whole new approach will be needed here...
My mistake, I was testing using chdkptp.

If you redo the test that makes the .dmp files, only use this L resolution, maybe something interesting can be caught.
Detailed images, only L resolution, shoot by hand, photos and dumps here

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #52 on: 10 / October / 2012, 00:18:47 »
Detailed images, only L resolution, shoot by hand, photos and dumps here
Thanks for your patience. These results are frightening: all of these would have resulted in correct image files when done over ptp. I'll come up with something different (perhaps a more detailed debug) later (if you're still interested).

Offline nafraf

« Reply #53 on: 10 / October / 2012, 07:58:36 »
Thanks for your patience. These results are frightening: all of these would have resulted in correct image files when done over ptp. I'll come up with something different (perhaps a more detailed debug) later (if you're still interested).
Yes, I'm interested, I'll help you with the test.

Re: A810 porting thread- New Firware version ( a & e ) awaited
« Reply #54 on: 10 / October / 2012, 11:42:46 »
Hi to all,

Let me throw a challenge/question on the forum. Currently i am running a project where i require 500 odd Low end camera but with RAW format feature. So we selected PS A810 and ported the CHDK successfully. BUT since only two versions of Firmware CHDK upgrade ( B & D) are available , we are in deep deep trouble. As we cant open the canon pack , check the version , test the CHDK firmware upgrade and then BUY it. its not possible.

So do we have any chance of getting CHDK firmware update for E & A versions??
or let me know any other solution. We have no money in the project to buy high end DSLR cams. we have to give low end economical Canon only.

Pls help dears. Thanks in advance. 

Offline nafraf

« Reply #55 on: 10 / October / 2012, 12:37:43 »
Let me throw a challenge/question on the forum. Currently i am running a project where i require 500 odd Low end camera but with RAW format feature. So we selected PS A810 and ported the CHDK successfully.
Can we know more about your project?

Offline nafraf

« Reply #56 on: 10 / October / 2012, 23:58:28 »
I have a pre-alpha version for 100e, if you want to help with test, send me a PM.

About the other firmware versions, read  Q. My camera isn't ported yet. Is a port planned ? When will it be ready ? How can I help ?  in FAQ page.

Offline c10ud

« Reply #57 on: 11 / October / 2012, 06:34:41 »
Hi to all,

Let me throw a challenge/question on the forum. Currently i am running a project where i require 500 odd Low end camera but with RAW format feature. So we selected PS A810 and ported the CHDK successfully. BUT since only two versions of Firmware CHDK upgrade ( B & D) are available , we are in deep deep trouble. As we cant open the canon pack , check the version , test the CHDK firmware upgrade and then BUY it. its not possible.

or let me know any other solution. We have no money in the project to buy high end DSLR cams. we have to give low end economical Canon only.

Pls help dears. Thanks in advance. 

If you ported chdk to a810 already you won't have any difficulty on making a port for 'e' and 'a' and sharing with the community, or did i just misunderstood your sentence?

« Reply #58 on: 11 / October / 2012, 14:05:21 »

Hi Nafraf,

Thanks for the reply.

firmware dump for firmware version E is present on this site- http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/A810

But  dont know to create an actual CHDK version out of it. :( 

Its a compliance driven requirement/project. We have to give Cam with RAW feature.

I would love to have  pre-alpha version for 100e. But could not understand...   send me a PM (??).

Hi c10ud,

thanks for the response.
let me clarify , i have not ported Chdk to A810. I am a user and look forward to get working version of CHDK for A810 firmware ver E.

Hope i am able to clarify.

thanks

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #59 on: 11 / October / 2012, 14:23:02 »
But could not understand...   send me a PM (??).
PM is "personal message".