Yet Another Sunset Script (yass) v4.5 - page 17 - LUA Scripting - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Yet Another Sunset Script (yass) v4.5

• 166 Replies

Offline andrewexeter

• Timelapse
    • Cornish Time Passages
Re: Yet Another Sunset Script (yass) v4.5
« Reply #160 on: 12 / May / 2018, 20:20:45 »
Advertisements
Wow ! thanks for making a new version, it is really great to use these scripts with new
updates and for our feedback to be acted upon so quickly - I will try out the new version out this morning.
To take the best timelapse videos I can with only inexpensive equipment. Ixus 70

Offline reyalp

« Reply #161 on: 12 / May / 2018, 20:23:43 »
Wow ! thanks for making a new version, it is really great to use these scripts with new
updates and for our feedback to be acted upon so quickly - I will try out the new version out this morning.
I would suggest a quick test in a dark environment just to see if it fixes the problem
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline andrewexeter

• Timelapse
    • Cornish Time Passages
« Reply #162 on: 13 / May / 2018, 21:28:04 »
Not a valid vimeo URL
I test from last night with yass, see also chart
very fast ramp - interval 32 seconds
To take the best timelapse videos I can with only inexpensive equipment. Ixus 70

« Reply #163 on: 11 / April / 2020, 20:06:08 »
Hi, thanks for a great script. Been started to play around with it with some of my point and shoot-canons. However can't seem to get any for the "Display blanking modes" to work -- screen stays on all the time. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

« Reply #164 on: 11 / April / 2020, 20:16:42 »
However can't seem to get any for the "Display blanking modes" to work -- screen stays on all the time. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Old script - the display blanking mode options do not include the recently added CHDK set_lcd_display( ) function.

Recently being 2013-10-2   :haha

Of the three available functions, only the first  ( BKlite ) is going to work with recent cameras.  The other two use functionality that Canon dropped maybe 10 years ago.

Sorry. 

BKlite should work for you but IIRC it takes a little time before it kicks in.
« Last Edit: 11 / April / 2020, 20:22:09 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #165 on: 13 / April / 2020, 08:16:36 »
Old script still going strong  :D

Thank you for the fast replay. BKlite worked fine, just me needed to be a pit more patient.

« Reply #166 on: 13 / April / 2020, 10:53:50 »
BKlite worked fine, just me needed to be a pit more patient.

I suppose the script could be updated to use set_LCD_display( ) as well - the battery savings are better (think 15% or so - not hours into days).   Which would take me down a slippery slope of other things of course. 

If you just want to hack the display modes,  replace line 105 

Code: [Select]
set_backlight(1)
with

set_lcd_display(1)
and  line 293

set_backlight(m)
with

set_lcd_display(m)