User Quick Start Guide V.1.9.1 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

User Quick Start Guide V.1.9.1

• 3 Replies

Geezer

User Quick Start Guide V.1.9.1
« on: 07 / September / 2014, 12:56:02 »
Advertisements
Is there a newer version of the guide?  Available in pdf?

Thanks,
Terry

Re: User Quick Start Guide V.1.9.1
« Reply #1 on: 07 / September / 2014, 13:10:43 »
It seems that every so often somebody gets all enthusiastic about writing a really good & simple CHDK user guide.  And some nice one have been produced - including the User Quick Start Guide.

The problem is that they quickly become obsolete as CHDK evolves and they are not updated.  Quite frankly it's a lot of work and the original authors have usually moved on to other projects.

Here's a partial list of some of the manuals, how-to's, FAQ's, and user guides that are out there :

link> CHDK Wiki FAQ
link> CHDK Features
link> CHDK User Manual
link> CHDK for Dummies
link> Forum Thread on Getting Started
link> CHDK in Brief
link> CHDK User Quick Start Guide
link> CHDK Wiki FAQ
link> CHDK Firmware Usage
link> CHDK Installation Guide
link> One Page Users Guide
link> Prepare Your SD Card
link> Using SDMinste to Create Dual Partition SD cards

To complicate things further,  I've recently started this : CHDK_for_Dummies_2nd_Edition but it's far from complete. However, I like to think I might have a unique perspective on the subject by now and I've tended to help keep other things (see below) up to date so this one might be different.

Having said all that,  these documents are pretty much current and the intention is to keep them that way :

link> CHDK_1.2.0_User_Manual
link> CHDK_1.3.0_User_Manual

The tl;dr answer to your question is no.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Geezer

« Reply #2 on: 09 / September / 2014, 18:12:20 »
OK, thanks for the reply.  Sometimes I prefer the printed page to the computer display.

Appreciate the help,
Terry

« Reply #3 on: 09 / September / 2014, 18:18:53 »
Sometimes I prefer the printed page to the computer display.
Fully understood - I know exactly what you mean.   One drawback with a project like CHDK is that the quality of what's available is entirely up to the skill of the volunteers.  If any.  And most of them prefer coding to writing documentation.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16