HDRlapse.lua - an HDR intervalometer with fast shooting - page 3 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum  

HDRlapse.lua - an HDR intervalometer with fast shooting

• 46 Replies

Offline topshot

• S100
Re: HDRlapse.lua - an HDR intervalometer with fast shooting
« Reply #20 on: 11 / August / 2017, 11:38:21 »
Advertisements
Would it be possible for script to read directly the settings I've dialed in in manual mode? So I don't have to copy them by hand to the script menu. It would make it simpler to use, and in general makes sense, at least to me.
If I get a minute, I will take a look.  It seems I have released two different scripts called mHDlapse.lua at different times so I need to sort that out first.

@waterwingz, if you didn't make this mod, is there a script that does, which I can copy and paste from?

I'm also wondering about whether you're link for mHDlapse.lua is correct. It states
Code: [Select]
@title manHDRlapse v1.1 but I seem to be missing how it is operating in manual mode when it is doing
    press("shoot_half")                     -- focus and get exposure
in the loop.

I'd like to lock focus at inf, which it seems to do, lock ISO, Av and Tv per the camera's settings, which it doesn't seem to do, and then bracket down Tv, which I think it would allow.

« Reply #21 on: 11 / August / 2017, 13:52:50 »
@waterwingz, if you didn't make this mod, is there a script that does, which I can copy and paste from?
I made the mod but didn't release anything.  I should really take a few minutes to test it though.

but I seem to be missing how it is operating in manual mode when it is doing
    press("shoot_half")                     -- focus and get exposure
Ignore the comment - the shoot_half is only there so that the script can continuously toggle "shoot_full_only" in burst mode.

I'd like to lock focus at inf, which it seems to do, lock ISO, Av and Tv per the camera's settings, which it doesn't seem to do, and then bracket down Tv, which I think it would allow.
It should lock those values.  Did you try it?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline topshot

• S100
« Reply #22 on: 11 / August / 2017, 16:23:37 »
It should lock those values.  Did you try it?
I was meaning locking the values set normally on the camera (i.e., the mod previously asked about), not the script parameters. Yes, it uses what is set int he parameters. The camera's settings are messed up once the script finishes, perhaps because I'm using M mode and not A/P. The camera's values when taking a shot while not using the script are changed but not to what they were originally or within the script.

« Reply #23 on: 11 / August / 2017, 17:52:49 »
I was meaning locking the values set normally on the camera (i.e., the mod previously asked about), not the script parameters.
Try the attached script update.

In the script parameters menu, set the menu entry that says "Exposure Mode" to "Auto".

Offline topshot

• S100
« Reply #24 on: 11 / August / 2017, 21:09:21 »
Try the attached script update. In the script parameters menu, set the menu entry that says "Exposure Mode" to "Auto".

Something isn't quite right. It does the first set of pics correctly and then switches the ISO to 200 thereafter (which also doesn't match the manual parameter value).

Minor quibble, but av96 value displayed on the screen is off by 1 in auto mode (i.e., show 4.0 when it should be 4.5), yet the EXIF reports the correct value. It is OK in Manual mode. This is on S100 using M on the dial and 4883 build.

« Reply #25 on: 11 / August / 2017, 21:22:09 »
Something isn't quite right. It does the first set of pics correctly and then switches the ISO to 200 thereafter (which also doesn't match the manual parameter value).
I'll take a look. Are you using Shot Mode set to Burst or Fast ?

Minor quibble, but av96 value displayed on the screen is off by 1 in auto mode (i.e., show 4.0 when it should be 4.5), yet the EXIF reports the correct value. It is OK in Manual mode.
Wouldn't surprise me.  That code is several years old and missing many of the things I do in my newer scripts.  I'll take a look at that too.

Offline topshot

• S100
« Reply #26 on: 11 / August / 2017, 21:28:33 »
Fast mode. haven't even tried burst yet. Guess I should to see how it does.

Offline topshot

• S100
« Reply #27 on: 11 / August / 2017, 21:37:06 »
ISO stays where it should using Burst shot mode.

« Reply #28 on: 11 / August / 2017, 21:49:13 »
Fast mode. haven't even tried burst yet. Guess I should to see how it does.
If it works smoothly (which it should on more recent cameras) then it will shoot quite a bit faster.

ISO stays where it should using Burst shot mode.
Thanks - that helps a bit. 

« Reply #29 on: 11 / August / 2017, 22:22:43 »
New version.   Fast mode does not seem to bracket correctly for some reason?  

But burst works properly, is faster, and the offset in the displayed Av value is fixed.

I'll look at what happened to Fast mode tomorrow.

edit : fast mode & burst mode are okay.  Fat finger mistake while testing.

« Last Edit: 11 / August / 2017, 22:33:41 by waterwingz »