HDRLapse.LUA problems - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum  

HDRLapse.LUA problems

• 7 Replies
HDRLapse.LUA problems
« on: 29 / March / 2018, 23:42:38 »
Advertisements
I have used HDRLapse.lua (downloaded ver 1.1) for the first time. The camera is SX530HS. Canon settings are no power saving, display on all the time, Eco mode off. The CHDK version 1.4, settings: Disable overrides= no, disable lcd off is set = never, disable overrides on sartup is blank. When I run HDRLapse, I think there is problem (these problems don't happen when I am running other scripts): 1. The camera goes to sleep, the green LED lit indicating it is still active. Sometimes touching the shutter button or Menu button brings it back to life but more often nothing happens and the camera turns completely off. Sometimes this problem happens while I am in the middle of making changes to the script parameters. 2. After installing this script I first tested it (fine) with the default values it came with). Then I changed the values and ran the script, seems to work with new values BUT after the camera turns off (either due to the problem in #1 or I purposely turn the power off, the values change either to the default or some random values I have used before but not the most recent one. I tested it numerous times and it appears to happen consistently. With other scripts I have noticed the most recent values remain unless changed. Is there a way to do that with this script? I hope I have made this clear enough. Thanks for the help.

Re: HDRLapse.LUA problems
« Reply #1 on: 30 / March / 2018, 00:14:17 »
At at guess, I'd say you have changed some of the values in one of the 10 parameter sets you can use to store different script setups.  You do that with the three menu items in the Script Menu :

labelled Load default param values, Parameters set,  and Save param.   You may have changed one or more of those by accident?

Instructions on what these do can be found here : CHDK_User_Manual : param values
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #2 on: 30 / March / 2018, 16:09:37 »
I am sorry, I do not understand. Like I said earlier, I have not changed any thing in the top half of the screen. The values again are: delay = 0, autostart = off, restart = blank, load default has no selectable item. I believe clicking on this item will reset to default value. saved set = 0 and first bracket does not have dot in it.

Any solutions for the problem? Thanks.

« Reply #3 on: 30 / March / 2018, 16:47:53 »
Any solutions for the problem? Thanks.
Does the LCD Off [ * ] entry have a "dot" in it?  If so, disable that selection and tell me what the script does?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline reyalp

« Reply #4 on: 30 / March / 2018, 17:30:00 »
Sometimes this problem happens while I am in the middle of making changes to the script parameters.
If the problems happen while you are in the script settings menu, the script isn't running, and probably isn't the cause of the problem.

The script is only running when you have it selected, and press the shutter while in alt mode.

In the CHDK menu, check Miscellaneous Stuff -> Show Memory info and post the "free memory" value.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #5 on: 31 / March / 2018, 18:12:58 »
Hello Waterwingz, there is no asterisk in "LCD off". Reyalp: The memory numbers are: Free memory= 1075528, CHDK size = 133936, Loaded at 0X60E000. "Display off" in Canon menu is set to 3 minutes, there is no option of never. The "auto power off" is set to off.

The problem happens mostly while the script is running. It does happen sometimes when I am changing the parameters of the script. I have not noticed this problem while running other scripts.

To again clarify the problem: the display turns off while the script is running or some times without. The green LED light comes on and stays on for few seconds before the entire power shuts off. During this time, if I press the shutter button the screen comes back to life but most of the times, does not. In an effort to bring it back I have randomly pressed the menu button which some times works. Many times nothing works and the power just goes off. Battery has always been good. Thanks.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #6 on: 31 / March / 2018, 19:29:23 »
Free memory= 1075528
OK, that's plenty, not related to your problem.
The problem happens mostly while the script is running. It does happen sometimes when I am changing the parameters of the script. I have not noticed this problem while running other scripts.
The script is not running when you are in the script settings. If the problem happens in the setting menu, then it's really not related to the script.

It's possible that you have multiple different problems with similar symptoms.

To again clarify the problem: the display turns off while the script is running or some times without. The green LED light comes on and stays on for few seconds before the entire power shuts off.
When you say the power shots off, does the lens retract, or does the camera just stop responding?
During this time, if I press the shutter button the screen comes back to life but most of the times, does not.
If the camera is going into Canon power saving mode, then you would need to leave alt for a key press to wake it up.

What is "disable LCD off" in the CHDK settings menu setting set to?
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #7 on: 02 / April / 2018, 10:52:05 »
Thanks every one. For the time being I cannot work on this problem any more. I think I fried my camera over the week end. By mistake I plugged in the wrong voltage AC adapter to the DC coupler for external power.

Any one knows the location of fuses on the motherboard of this camera (SX530 HS) or know where I can find the schematic of the board?