MotionDetect.bas doesn't shoot om A720 - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum  

MotionDetect.bas doesn't shoot om A720

• 3 Replies
MotionDetect.bas doesn't shoot om A720
« on: 02 / October / 2008, 08:37:43 »
Advertisements
I want to experiment with motion detection on my A720 camera. I just installed the latest CHDK using cardtricks, and added Johan van Barel's script MotionDetect.bas.
My problem is that the script fails to shoot pictures on that camera. The program says "started", but it doesn't seem to proceed beyond the "shoot half" command. That is, the AF-assist beam keeps shining, and the camera does not shoot pictures.
For comparison I installed CHDK and MotionDetect.bas on an A540, and there it works fine. The AF-beam shines for just a second, and then the camera shoots a picture when triggered by motion.

Any ideas?

Offline Hacki

• EOS 80D
Re: MotionDetect.bas doesn't shoot om A720
« Reply #1 on: 02 / October / 2008, 08:49:01 »
Jup. The A720 is a DryOS/Digic III cam. It's a newer platform, different propcases..

Use this script: Fast MD with burst/preview mode

There are different versions, you need to use the digic III versions. Detailed informations are in the README file of that script.

« Reply #2 on: 02 / October / 2008, 10:16:34 »
Thanks, it works!

« Reply #3 on: 01 / November / 2008, 17:52:23 »
A700 - Bracketing gives 3 identical images.  I used the built in bracketing and the script file with same results.  Help pls. 

Ooops - Pls disregard.  I entered my query in the wrong place.
« Last Edit: 01 / November / 2008, 17:54:58 by jsbaus »